The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
(Noobie question) I/O from Interface for mixing
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

(Noobie question) I/O from Interface for mixing

Hello everyone!

I am a total noob when it comes to mixing and producing music. This question is also not an issue I'm facing right now, but just something I didn't understand when drooling over all the amazing gear I wanna have one day.

Let's say there is a summing mixer like the RND 5060 Centerpiece with 24 ins and 2 outs. How many analogue ins and outs must an interface have to drive that box at capacity?

From my understanding, the 2 outs on the 5060 will connect to the Ins audio interface. But does it mean I need 24 Outs from the audio interface to connect to the 24 inputs to max out the 5060? If not, what does one do with so many inputs?

I'd appreciate any answers or even links/resources I can check out for some clarity.

Thank you, everyone!
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Let's say there is a summing mixer like the RND 5060 Centerpiece with 24 ins and 2 outs. How many analogue ins and outs must an interface have to drive that box at capacity?
Here are the scenarios:

If the RND has only 2 outs, then the interface only needs 2 inputs....
If you want to send 24 mono audio tracks into the RND, then the audio interface needs 24 mono outs (Unless you want to bounce it to a 2 channel stereo wav file or 2 mono tracks, then you just needs 2 mono outs)....
There are other scenarios i could mention, but just match the ins to the outs and the outs to the ins

It all depends on what you want to do with it and all you need to do is match the ins to the outs or visa versa.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search