The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone using Softube Console, Fader and a summing mixer for a console-like experience
Old 2 weeks ago
Anyone using Softube Console, Fader and a summing mixer for a console-like experience

Back in the early 2000s I used to use a 32/8 A&H console for mixing. I eventually sold it as I DAW's got better, I got some other out board and it didn't suit my workflow. Especially only being able to work on one track at a time... Plus, it took up a rather large portion of studio space.

I felt a little free when it was gone, but certainly miss certain aspects of mixing like that.

I've been tempted by Softube Console 1 and their new Fader, but I since I mix hybrid anyways I'm contemplating pairing it with a summing mixer.

I think I like some of the ones with individual controls for pans and levels, but ultimately I think leaving that to the daw makes more sense. That extra money could go towards a 32 channel box ( at least 24 ) that had other options like monitor controls, inserts, other signal processing mojo. Kind of thinking RND Satellite, Burl, Phoenix nicerizer etc...

Just curious if anyone else set up this kind of pseudo-automated-hybrid-console workflow...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search