The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Outboard EQ with sweepable filters?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Outboard EQ with sweepable filters?

My mixer has only shelves and they're not sweepable. Does there exist a cheap outboard EQ unit that has sweepable HPF/LPF filters? I like how the EQs on an SSL are set up, it's all I need. But surely there's some kind of box that has all of that but for much cheaper. In fact, I don't even need mid band parametric EQs on it. The filters are what I'm after. Anything else on it would be a bonus.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I just read people saying that a Drawmer DS404 has some filters on it. I actually have a DS201 sitting in my rack that I've never used. I took a quick look and it appears to have some LPF/HPF functionality on it, but it's for the key. I probably need to look at the manual, but if it's possible to get that key signal back out of it with the LP/HP filter on it, I'll probably just use that.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Maybe a bit too experimental but it does sweep like hell ) Sherman Filterbank
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSLand View Post
if it's possible to get that key signal back out of it with the LP/HP filter on it, I'll probably just use that.
Set the output switch to "Key Listen." That is what it does.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search