The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SSL Console Low Volume
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

SSL Console Low Volume

Hey guys, I’m still learning my new (old :-) SSL4000 console and I got a question:
When I send my main signal out of the Console and into the master tape I use the „Main Output and Distribution“ Outputs on the Patchbay.
But the signal comes out with a really really low volume even when all concerned faders in the chain are at maximum. Is there a way to grab the signal at a higher volume ?

Thanks a lot guys!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinedine View Post
Hey guys, I’m still learning my new (old :-) SSL4000 console and I got a question:
When I send my main signal out of the Console and into the master tape I use the „Main Output and Distribution“ Outputs on the Patchbay.
But the signal comes out with a really really low volume even when all concerned faders in the chain are at maximum. Is there a way to grab the signal at a higher volume ?

Thanks a lot guys!
What to do is set the internal oscillator so it reads 0 vu take a patch cable and get a volt meter and set it to AC. Patch the cable in the main out left or right. Put the range to auto and place the probes on the tip and the ring of the patch cable. You should read around 1.2 volts. If not then you should check for warn out caps in the center section.. let us know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search