The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adam Audio S3X-V or Adam a77X or Eve SC307 - Help please
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So long story short,
im looking at new speakers, i have a 9m X 6m room room damped on front back , and side walls. i will move that to fit the new speakers.

I currently have the Yamaha HS7 and audient iD14 dac and i make EDM music mostly.

So i have access to used
*Adam Audio S3X-V
*Adam A77X
*Eve SC307,

i ca´t go out and hear the s3X as they are dis****inued and im buying over seas.

so im at a desk 2 meters wide sitting around 1.5meters from speakers.
what Experience do you guys have whit thise speakers,
i like ribbon tweeters sound as i had a hifi set before whit some in it.

Alsow i might get a bigger room,in the future and im not goona blast the sound to ultra loud, like never, so i dont "think" the adam port fart will be a issue i might be mistaken, do tell if you know something

As for the price i can get A77x and Eve SC307 around same price and the
A3x-v around 6-700 more euros.

and would the bigger speaker sound the best? and be the best option for future proff move to a bigger room maby? and what speaker would sound the most in control over lower Db when mixing or sound creating.

What your through´s and Experience whit any of thise speakers would be much kindly take in to consideration

Thanks alot in advance

Henrik
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I had a pair of (newly bought) A77x's for about 5 years and upgraded to a (2nd hand) pair of S3X-V's + a Sub12 2 years ago. I don't know the Eve audio's.

The difference between A-series and S-series is gigantic. Lot's more detail, easier to dial in compression, better imaging, easier to hear front-to-back placement, ... you name it.

Even without the sub the S3X-V's are amazing. In my (relatively new) space I have the sub dialed in that actually no-one notices it's there, just a little help in the <40Hz department.

2nd opinion is in the form of KRK S4V4's at low volumes. Between those two I never had this little trouble getting to translate outside of the studio.

Apparently the new S-series are even better but since I got my set for about €2200 I'm not feeling the need to 'upgrade'.

edit: I'm in a well-treated one-room studio and about 1,5-2m away from my speakers (actually, they're firing a bit behind me)

Herwig
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thanks alot buddy.

Oki that sound great. i like to hear its a big step up from the a77x as those are the ones i can get the most easy just a 50min drive from me. the s3x-v are over seas tho, sweet to hear.
im gonna do some low volume late nights too, im in a home studio too - so the s3x-v can do that too right i mean while they are still in control and very "there" even at low volume.

Alsow yea the new s3v version i dont have that type of cash, maby in a few years.

That your 1.5 meters away thats like my room so i was worried about that distance from the big speakers.

So u say your sub just helps (what brand is it? , just good to know what type will blend in good in others setups) so you have it on low volume vs the speakers?, im gonna try that too if i get the speakers then or did i missunderstand, and your talking about the cut off at 40 hz ish

Thanks again Herwig
Henrik

I would love to hear others opinions just fire away the more the better.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So i arranged a deal for the Adam´s S3X-V i haven´t Payed yet wating for a buddy to transfer me some $$ , im upping the tread to make sure im doing the right choice. as its a older tech speaker, i mean the speaker looks in great condition.

u know im just getting cool feet as its tech from 2009 or 2010.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slots1Up View Post
Alsow yea the new s3v version i dont have that type of cash, maby in a few years.
The curious nerd in me would like to have a pair some day but then the realistic accountant wakes up and tells me I better learn to mix better than those speakers first

Quote:
That your 1.5 meters away thats like my room so i was worried about that distance from the big speakers.
I sometimes like to sit a little back and have the volume up when in the final stages of a mix. They have a 'bigger' sound there. But I'm completely confident when mixing on them at my regular sweet spot.

Quote:
So u say your sub just helps (what brand is it? , just good to know what type will blend in good in others setups) so you have it on low volume vs the speakers?, im gonna try that too if i get the speakers then or did i missunderstand, and your talking about the cut off at 40 hz ish
The set came with an Adam Sub12. I used to have it quite loud (playing bass is my main gig, I like subs) but have re-shot the room in january and have it set up a bit different and liking the result.

Before: HPF (on the sub) to satellites ON, Sub LPF set at 85Hz and quite loud.
Now: HPF to satellites OFF, Sub LPF set at lowest point (I think that's around 40Hz) and *very* quiet. If I bypass the sub there's just that hint of lowest sub that goes away. Quite expensive to use a €1200 sub just for this but I don't mind since my S3X-V's came with it

Quote:
Thanks again Herwig
Henrik
You're very welcome. Please remember that monitors might be the most subject to personal taste of all studio material.

Herwig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search