The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GAS hitting bottom
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
GAS hitting bottom

Have way too much stuff, including some high end and some "middle to upper middle class" stuff that I simply do not use. I am thinking of pruning the rack to keep what I really want, like, and need, getting rid of the rest and putting the cards through the shredder. I definitely do not have time for going hammer and tongs with folks on Reverb or eBay of GS, running to the post office, packing stuff up, etc. SHORT OF LEAVING IT ALL ON THE CURB WITH A "FREE" SIGN, any suggestions as to low-hassle means to offload this stuff? Are there any good pro audio consignment services in the U.S. (I live in Connecticut, but perhaps there are some that operate nationally). I do not mind paying a fair commission as what little free time I have these days between the straight job, studio work, performances, two dogs, and family (not necessarily in that order) is extremely limited and valuable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

P.S. Apologies in advance if this belongs elsewhere.

Last edited by Dgr; 2 weeks ago at 01:28 AM.. Reason: Postscript
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
1800GOTGEAR

They will come take it away. I am trying to unload all my stuff too
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles View Post
1800GOTGEAR

They will come take it away. I am trying to unload all my stuff too
o[/QUOTE]

Hmm would you happen to have a link or something? I can’t find anything online with that 1-800 number
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I have to start the company I forgot
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgr View Post
Have way too much stuff...SHORT OF LEAVING IT ALL ON THE CURB WITH A "FREE" SIGN...Thanks for any suggestions.
Hi Dave,
Here is where you want to be :

More free stuff....let's do it again!

It's the pay it forward thread! Jump in there if you want your stuff to go to someone that will continue to make use of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gminorcoles View Post
I have to start the company I forgot
OK, that was funny.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Donate to a school, if you have anything they might use.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have way too much stuff, including some high end and some "middle to upper middle class" stuff that I simply do not use. I am thinking of pruning the rack to keep what I really want, like, and need, getting rid of the rest and putting the cards through the shredder. I definitely do not have time for going hammer and tongs with folks on Reverb or eBay of GS, running to the post office, packing stuff up, etc. SHORT OF LEAVING IT ALL ON THE CURB WITH A "FREE" SIGN, any suggestions as to low-hassle means to offload this stuff? Are there any good pro audio consignment services in the U.S. (I live in Connecticut, but perhaps there are some that operate nationally). I do not mind paying a fair commission as what little free time I have these days between the straight job, studio work, performances, two dogs, and family (not necessarily in that order) is extremely limited and valuable.

Dave

No apologies necessary. What are you trying to get rid of? Based on your initial post, I imagine many are going to ask?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
No apologies necessary. What are you trying to get rid of? Based on your initial post, I imagine many are going to ask?
I'm certainly curious ha.
Old 2 weeks ago
Me three - any Eq's by any chance?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just put it in the GS classifieds. It's fairly hassle free.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Dave

How about selling "free collection only"?

Tony
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If US-based, best bet IMO is Reverb, or ebay. Snap 4-5 photos, and price yourself as the lowest on Reverb and if it's a semi-popular piece, or priced well, it will sell in hours. If you dont want to deal with shipping, take it to the FedEx or UPS store and have them pack and ship (and insure) it for you. Keep receipts (I snap photos of them). It will eat into your profits, but far less than taking it to a big box music store. They have to absolutely gut you to cover their nut, usually it's more of a "trade in" this piece of gear to shave a few bucks off a new guitar or something.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
To the OP...
I have been in your position, although with different categories of gear. I had a “small” PA rig. After neck, back and shoulder surgeries, that “small” PA, especially with 4 passive 18” subs, was way too heavy for me to cart around. After I bought lighter, smaller gear, the old gear sat in storage for years. It was too heavy to sell and ship profitably, and I am very cautious about bringing people to where my gear is stored. I could not easily take the heavy gear somewhere to show it to prospective buyers, and none of the local music stores or even the pawn shops would take it on consignment.
So it sat.
After a few more years, I chanced to have a conversation about the gear with a young guy who had done some tech work in local theaters. He had recently moved out of state, but was visiting a girlfriend (or girl friend, perhaps). He expressed an interest in the gear. I told him if he showed up at my storage space with a U-Haul and a hundred bucks, I’d sell him all the old gear... a full PA except for microphones. He showed up with a van and a buddy and the gear was gone.
I don’t miss the gear, I don’t ever regret not profiting more from it, and I feel good about giving that kid something he can profit from using or selling.
It literally has lifted a load off my mind (and back).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search