The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yamaha MG124c or Behringer Eurorack UB1222fx-Pro
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Yamaha MG124c or Behringer Eurorack UB1222fx-Pro

Hi folks,

“Quick” question here...

I have been looking at mixers for a bit now, to complete a new part of the gear I use on stage as a musician.
To be short, I need a mixer to route my instruments to a looper while the FOH is taken care of by another mixer.

I need at least 5 mic channels with phantom, having a 6th one doesn’t seem a waste, I would like a mute button on each channel, beyond that, though I might see future potential use for 2 Aux circuits, I don’t need those now.

Also, since it’s part of my concert gear, it’s better if it is not too huge.

Finally, last but not least, I am on a budget at the moment, so I am mainly looking at second hand, which determines a bit the offer.

Now, I can get a great deal either on a Yamaha mg124c or on a Behringer Eurorack UB1222fx-pro.

I don’t really see use for the effects on the Behringer, so that won’t be a turning point.
On this very forum, I read in the one thread that Behringer is all you don’t want because of cheap quality and bad sound, but that those Yamaha mg124 are quite good, while the other thread burns the Yamaha MG series as “everything that could be wrong with a mixer”.

Which brings me a bit at a loss...

Any input?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I used a UB1202 for about 5 years before I sold it and never had a days trouble with it. I actually thought the pre's sounded fine but for some reason there was always an excess of lower mid buildup around 700Hz.

For live applications I wouldn't have a problem recommending one.

On the other hand, I had an A&H ZED14 for 4 years, loved the pres. They cost a little more but are decent mixers.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Upon looking yet a bit more into it after posting here, I did find an argument in favor of the Yamaha for my application: the size of the mute buttons! Since they’re meant to quickly change which instruments go into the looper or not, the big backlit buttons standing alone seems easier than a smaller button packed next to the PFL I gather...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lusk View Post
On the other hand, I had an A&H ZED14 for 4 years, loved the pres. They cost a little more but are decent mixers.
I have looked for those... but the past months I’ve barely encountered one that was less than 10x what I am looking at at the moment...
Maybe later?

And admittedly, I’m never sure what to do with all the myths surrounding the alleged quality or lack there of of the one brand or the other...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search