Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Sounds like a 360º gobo.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Sounds like a 360º gobo.
Is that a thing, or do you mean just a 4-sided gobo "fort"?

The whole "shaped like a chimney" thing has me thinking it's something more substantial than that, like the sound is "vented" out the top?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

I envision something like a large, lined cylinder, based on what you posted. Seems like a really good idea.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I envision something like a large, lined cylinder, based on what you posted. Seems like a really good idea.
For posterity sake, here's the entire paragraph:

"We also had a couple of guitar traps, similar to the Eastlake design," Harries continues. "They were like chimneys, with an open bottom end filled with hanging rockwall panels. When a guitar amp was inside one of the traps, you could actually play pretty loud without the sound spilling onto anything else."

Really want some details on this.
Old 1 week ago
I would imagine it to be something like a fireplace, with the chimney attatched to it. Coat the whole inside with rock wool and and place the amp facing into the "fireplace". Even if the top of the chimney is open, I imagine it would lower the SPL quite a bit.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
For posterity sake, here's the entire paragraph:

"We also had a couple of guitar traps, similar to the Eastlake design," Harries continues. "They were like chimneys, with an open bottom end filled with hanging rockwall panels. When a guitar amp was inside one of the traps, you could actually play pretty loud without the sound spilling onto anything else."

Really want some details on this.
I read the whole page you linked. I love the piano 'cove' idea, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
I would imagine it to be something like a fireplace, with the chimney attatched to it. Coat the whole inside with rock wool and and place the amp facing into the "fireplace". Even if the top of the chimney is open, I imagine it would lower the SPL quite a bit.
That could be it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search