The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hedd type 7 or something different?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Hedd type 7 or something different?

So i bought pair of Hedd type 7 monitors a while ago and was happy for the sound but then i tough't if some cheaper 8" monitors like Kali Audio IN-8 would work for my needs better.

I mainly create electronic music so low end is needed.
i'm trying to find monitors that work without sub since things get more complicated with it and want to keep it as simple as possible, my room is big enough for 7" or 8" but anything bigger might create problems.
I will treat my room specifically for the monitors that i decide to keep so that wont be issue, i need front ported since i have to keep monitors close to wall. i also ordered Sonarworks Reference 4 to further help to tame those frequencies at the end. my maximum price range from 2 pairs of monitor is 1400euros.

So, what you guys think, are those Hedd type 7 the ones i should keep or would you recommend something better that suits my needs?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hedd 07's are great monitors. You mention you're missing low end. Kali Audio In-8's go down to 37Hz. That's one Hertz lower than your Hedd monitors, which go down to 38 Hz.

The Hedd's are very flat monitors and most reviews mention how good and deep the low end sounds.

If you feel like you're lacking in low-end that badly, get a sub.

I doubt the Kali In-8's frequency response chart is gonna be much better than this:
Attached Thumbnails
Hedd type 7 or something different?-capture.png  
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
True, i think Hedd would be more than enough for my needs but what i was asking is that if Kali would be a cheaper alternative for the Hedd and give more for the low end due to the 8" woofer instead of Hedd's 7"? Or Mackie XR824 that go even lower 36 Hz with 8" woofer and 100W power.
I noticed that i have to crank Hedd volume relatively loud to hear that low end nicely compared to adam a77x where i heard the bass with lover volumes (the cap difference is not big but noticeable).
Was that frequency response result with or without the lineariser?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search