The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Friday purchase thread
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Black Friday purchase thread

So whatcha get?

I grabbed Sonimus EQ Pro and Briton Console, because I really needed moar EQ and channel strips.

Pretty underwhelming Black Friday deals: it's become basically plugins and a very small subset of hardware that goes on sale. The big online retailers offer some ok deals, but nothing really that exciting.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I purchased a B-stock retro 176, but will get a new one for 600€ less
And since my dealer said prices will go up in the new year by 15% I guess it was a great deal
On top of that a UAD bundle and magic death eye comp and sknote any Tesla plugs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

mono magic death eye en route!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBarley View Post
mono magic death eye en route!
Same here
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

AKG C 414 XLS , Softube Tube Tech eq collection, Eventide Anthology, DS Audio Thorn, Lindell Audio 80 series channel strip and 7X-500 compressor plugins
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I got the Izotope Black Friday Bundle. Waves CLA Bundle + free Bass Rider(great tools for making quick mixes). And 18% off an UAD Apollo X Twin at Pro Audio Star w free autotune.

I don't quite feel like the bandit I did other years, but I don't have a lot of tools, and this has expanded my arsenal for less than full price.....
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Any must-have reverbs out there on sale? I have Vintage Valhalla and Soundtoys Little Plate (and a bunch of meh free ones).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I picked up a Coil Audio CA70 Single Channel preamp.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Picked up Tokyo Dawn's Slick EQ M yesterday. Ran the demo for 2 days and was really impressed, especially with how transparent it is. Really rich feature set IMO.

Gravyface, if you're looking for a really nice sounding reverb, maybe look at Breverb 2 which is on sale right now. Really smooth and clean.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
Any must-have reverbs out there on sale? I have Vintage Valhalla and Soundtoys Little Plate (and a bunch of meh free ones).
VSS3, VSR S24, Seventh Heaven Pro
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Holy moly, Sonimus Briton is pretty killer. I followed their gainstaging recommendations to a tee and wow, it really does open things up and sounds 3D.

Also Magic Death Eye on bass is pretty killer.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Haven’t found a lot of “have to have it” hardware deals.

But...I did pick up Vocalign for a good price and renewed some subscriptions!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Softube Harmonics
Softube Tape
UVI Falcon
Kush TWK

I think Im done for now, but the GAS is still tapping my shoulder...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

I spent a tidy total of $255.68 on Black Friday. But it's all stuff that was on my bucket list. And it's all going to be super useful.

There are a number of plugins and software programs that I've wanted for a while, but couldn't justify the cost. A bunch of them happened to have large discounts over Black Friday. It helps that I've got email subscriptions to a ton of vendors I suppose.

Celemony Melodyne 4 Essential - $49
Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone Edition - $59
Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 (the acoustic-simulation "vr" one) - $64.50
Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain - $27
Waves OneKnob Pumper - $19.99
Waves dbx 160 Compressor/Limiter - free because I spent over $50 at Waves
Waves Abbey Road Chambers - also free because I spent over $100 at Waves
Camelot Pro iOS - $19.99

Gotta love that Waves sale - 50% off a good price that was already on sale, plus freebies after certain purchase amounts.

Also got a freebie from Waves thanks to a pre-Black Friday signup email - "Berzerk" - it's some kind of distortion plugin, brand new for Black Friday, and will eventually cost $99.

Gotta say, it's kind of weird spending that much on stuff I can't even touch... laugh
Old 1 week ago
mp3
Lives for gear

SSL SiX $1199
Izotope Tonal Balance Bundle crossgrade $199
Izotope RX-7 Standard $199
Harrison Mixbus + 2 of their plugs $39
Gospel Musicians NSK2 upgrade $70
Zynaptiq Pitchmap $89

Had no plans going in to spend that much, or to buy anything I ended up buying haha. And it’s not over yet somebody take my credit card away.
Old 1 week ago
I picked up a set of Beyer dt770 Pro 250ohm phones for around $115 I think it was.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
And Sonimus is offering a +10% discount on Cyber Monday vs. Black Friday. That pisses me off to no end.
Old 1 week ago
Not seeing many hardware "deals".
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

KMR has some at least.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Not seeing many hardware "deals".
Hi Jim,

I've got some hardware on sale right now. What kind of discounts do you feel qualify as a "deal" in terms of hardware?

cheers,
Brad
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

didn't go too crazy

-Picked up FabFilter Saturn for $69 to complement the pro bundle I got last year.
-And Autotune Access for $49

randomly threw Saturn on the "claps" track of a beat I just started making in order to activate the license...as soon as I did so and A/B-ed the default setting by toggling the power I was like "oh, ****! that's EXACTLY what this track needed, let me just leave it right here and not touch the settings, lol"...love at first listen...I know I'ma get my money's worth out of this one.

only had 2 free saturations plugins, Klaghelm IGVI (which usually makes my mix sound better in a subtle way, but i somehow always seem to make it sound worse when I move the knobs away from the default settings, lol) and Softtube saturation knob (which I find distorts way to quickly to be of much use). So Saturn should be a good upgrade

with Autotune, I'm a little bit disappointed by being limited to only 3 distinct re-tune speeds (I can hardly see myself using the robotic "Fast", but sometimes Medium may not be doing quite enough)...anyway, as a producer it's probable that I'll work with vocalist who want the standard "Autotune" sound, so might as well finally hop on the Antares bandwagon...especially now that they don't require ilok
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Motif Max View Post
I spent a tidy total of $255.68 on Black Friday. But it's all stuff that was on my bucket list. And it's all going to be super useful.

There are a number of plugins and software programs that I've wanted for a while, but couldn't justify the cost. A bunch of them happened to have large discounts over Black Friday. It helps that I've got email subscriptions to a ton of vendors I suppose.

Celemony Melodyne 4 Essential - $49
Sonarworks Reference 4 Headphone Edition - $59
Waves Abbey Road Studio 3 (the acoustic-simulation "vr" one) - $64.50
Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain - $27
Waves OneKnob Pumper - $19.99
Waves dbx 160 Compressor/Limiter - free because I spent over $50 at Waves
Waves Abbey Road Chambers - also free because I spent over $100 at Waves
Camelot Pro iOS - $19.99

Gotta love that Waves sale - 50% off a good price that was already on sale, plus freebies after certain purchase amounts.

Also got a freebie from Waves thanks to a pre-Black Friday signup email - "Berzerk" - it's some kind of distortion plugin, brand new for Black Friday, and will eventually cost $99.

Gotta say, it's kind of weird spending that much on stuff I can't even touch... laugh
Hmmm, $49 Melodyne, should I add the cheap version of Melodyne to the Cheap version of Autotune I just picked up?

And I've had my eye on Waves Vocal Rider for a minute...maybe I should see what if anything else I can get a great deal on there...
Old 1 week ago
din
Gear Maniac

I got a new Nord Electro 6D 61 for $1685. Pretty sweet deal.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
SSL SiX $1590 CAD
Used UA 1176LN $1399 CAD
Long&Mcquade Burlington ontario
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
Just bought Denise Perfect Room after hearing the demos. Sounds amazing, can't wait to play around with it. Around $34.00 during BF sale.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
Hi Jim,

I've got some hardware on sale right now. What kind of discounts do you feel qualify as a "deal" in terms of hardware?

cheers,
Brad
Quick shout out to the Mr. Focus series, the Stage II in particular is just unbelievably good. $419 is already exceptional, with 15% off right now that is $356... completely insane and very much Black Friday worthy! I've tried both a Mass Driver and Pentode in it, yikes. I have 2 Mr. Focus's, and also 2 Chroma's I really, really like as well.

If in doubt with the different options, just try a Mr. Focus Stage II w/ Mass Driver. Absolutely cannot go wrong.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbalizer View Post
Hmmm, $49 Melodyne, should I add the cheap version of Melodyne to the Cheap version of Autotune I just picked up?

And I've had my eye on Waves Vocal Rider for a minute...maybe I should see what if anything else I can get a great deal on there...
Might be worth it if the sale is still going on. I bought mine from Sweetwater but it may be a manufacturer's deal?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Motif Max View Post
Might be worth it if the sale is still going on. I bought mine from Sweetwater but it may be a manufacturer's deal?
I checked their site and saw a price of 49 euros (I guess cause I'm in Nigeria...not that we use Euros )
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Bought Slate Digital Yearly All Access Pass at $129.99

They are bringing LA-2A, Pulteq and Much more stuffs very very soon near Christmas.

After so much time in R&D, I am sure they will be delivering quality plugins indistinguishable against hardware like FG-Stress.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
Bought Slate Digital Yearly All Access Pass at $129.99

They are bringing LA-2A, Pulteq and Much more stuffs very very soon near Christmas.

After so much time in R&D, I am sure they will be delivering quality plugins indistinguishable against hardware like FG-Stress.
Are there any deals for Slate permanent/durable licenses? I was particularly looking for an FG-Stress deal, but I didn't see any deals at all. Not real familiar with the Slate ecosystem, and not rly interested in subs, anything I'm missing?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search