The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Friday purchase thread
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Try Saturn on you mix bus. Magic mastering preset. Mind blown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbalizer View Post
didn't go too crazy

-Picked up FabFilter Saturn for $69 to complement the pro bundle I got last year.
-And Autotune Access for $49

randomly threw Saturn on the "claps" track of a beat I just started making in order to activate the license...as soon as I did so and A/B-ed the default setting by toggling the power I was like "oh, ****! that's EXACTLY what this track needed, let me just leave it right here and not touch the settings, lol"...love at first listen...I know I'ma get my money's worth out of this one.

only had 2 free saturations plugins, Klaghelm IGVI (which usually makes my mix sound better in a subtle way, but i somehow always seem to make it sound worse when I move the knobs away from the default settings, lol) and Softtube saturation knob (which I find distorts way to quickly to be of much use). So Saturn should be a good upgrade

with Autotune, I'm a little bit disappointed by being limited to only 3 distinct re-tune speeds (I can hardly see myself using the robotic "Fast", but sometimes Medium may not be doing quite enough)...anyway, as a producer it's probable that I'll work with vocalist who want the standard "Autotune" sound, so might as well finally hop on the Antares bandwagon...especially now that they don't require ilok
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I ordered a Roland Tr-08 from Sweetwater for $299 and that includes a gig bag. I have a TR8 now but I never dug the aesthetic or the bells and whistles. I think the Tr-08 is a bit more genuine to the original 808. We shall see.
Old 5 days ago
Didn't go too crazy, only bought Soothe. But, I have been looking for a deal on Ultimate Ears Reference for my remote gigs that can't use monitors, called their office and got a deal even though it isn't on the Black Friday sales!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
Try Saturn on you mix bus. Magic mastering preset. Mind blown.
FF has some great pre-sets.

In Q3 I like the subgroup sorcery (dynamic) preset.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

I picked up Universal Audio Manley Voxbox. First impression - sounds great.
Old 4 days ago
mp3
Lives for gear

Added Waves Torque to my list for $29.99.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbalizer View Post
didn't go too crazy

-Picked up FabFilter Saturn for $69 to complement the pro bundle I got last year.
Dang! Where'd you find that? Missed the Fabfilter stuff...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Novation Circuit Monostation...
Aturia V7
Steinberg Absolute and Iconica Opus...
Falcon 2 plus some Expansions...
and more more more...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Dang! Where'd you find that? Missed the Fabfilter stuff...
Sale on top of "upgrade" discount since I already bought the pro bundle last year

I think they're pretty good with that. it's not buy the everything bundle now or miss out and pay full price for individual plugins later, it's more like buy the bundle you need / can afford now, and we'll still give you good discounts later if you want add to you FF collection little by little
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

a great black friday offer for me was the symphonic cube by vsl for 1999....
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I picked up a Boss DD-500 ($100 off list)
Oeksound - Soothe and Spiff
Soundtheory - Gullfoss

Been wanting those three plugins for a while but when you hear people speak of getting them for the "intro price" or from a Black Friday 1/2 off deal sometimes it's worth the wait.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

I'm another "plugins only" guy this year, but I'm pretty happy with what I got:

Upgraded to Soundtoys 5 complete for $200 since I already had Tremolator (which I'd gotten for freeee), and I'd been wanting Decapitator/Echo Boy/etc for a while. Loving 'em.

Got Waves REDD and tape saturator for about $30 each.

I really quite like the REDD and I've already used it on a session (saxophone tracking for a remote client). The tape is cool too, I think I'll like it more as I try it out on different sources. So far the REDD seems like it'll get more mileage, it sounds great to my ears on horn and vocal channels. Between that and Decapitator I have some really nice saturation options. I've been using Klanghelm SDRR on damn near everything for several years, and it's great, but I like these new (to me) options a lot.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger View Post
I'm another "plugins only" guy this year, but I'm pretty happy with what I got:

Upgraded to Soundtoys 5 complete for $200 since I already had Tremolator (which I'd gotten for freeee), and I'd been wanting Decapitator/Echo Boy/etc for a while. Loving 'em.

Got Waves REDD and tape saturator for about $30 each.

I really quite like the REDD and I've already used it on a session (saxophone tracking for a remote client). The tape is cool too, I think I'll like it more as I try it out on different sources. So far the REDD seems like it'll get more mileage, it sounds great to my ears on horn and vocal channels. Between that and Decapitator I have some really nice saturation options. I've been using Klanghelm SDRR on damn near everything for several years, and it's great, but I like these new (to me) options a lot.
Put a single coil clean into the REDD then push the hell out of the gain and tone and you can relieve the sounds of the 60s..It is very cool
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Got Gulfoss for 30% off.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

Revoice pro
Goodhertz dither
Kush twk & ar-1
Acustica audio ruby
Leapwing dynone
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Soundtoyz decapitator!
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear
Went a little crazy on plugins this year:

FabFilter mixing bundle
SoundToys complete bundle
UAD - EL8 Distressor (been waiting for this one to go on sale)

The fabfilter plugins are just blowing me away. Saturn and ProQ were what was I really after and they have not disappointed at all whatsoever, but holy crap the modulation config in these plugins.. I just can't even comprehend how cool that is. I need a couple weeks just to play with these things.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowzin View Post
Are there any deals for Slate permanent/durable licenses? I was particularly looking for an FG-Stress deal, but I didn't see any deals at all. Not real familiar with the Slate ecosystem, and not rly interested in subs, anything I'm missing?
So the Slate newsletter came out today with some sales on durable licenses:

-FG Stress
-Virtual Mix Rack 2.0
-Verbsuite Classics

All for $150 each, so $50 off. I guess the VMR comes with a few units as fixed options, then... you can add more if you buy more or something? I know it's all heavily, heavily geared toward the subscription, but kind of confusing for a non-subber what exactly is going on. The pic show FG Stress in there, but it just comes with 4 included modules and a gain/meter thing. Probably cooler with the sub I'm sure.

Miiight pick up FG Stress, been on the radar. Prolly would have picked up Verbsuite but I just got Seventh Heaven Pro already, which is still on sale also. Verbsuite has some version of Liquidsonic's Briscasti IR's or something there also, along with a bunch of others, seems cool.

Good selection, discounts are pretty meh but oh well. They're pumpin' that sub, I get it.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
I picked up a Coil Audio CA70 Single Channel preamp.
Doug!!! You gotta bring it to MA!!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoutu1 View Post
Doug!!! You gotta bring it to MA!!
Hi Jesse - would not be surprised if that happens in the new year!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search