The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
High-end headphones for producing
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

High-end headphones for producing

Hello,

I am in search of a pair of high-end headphones for long production sessions in an acoustically non-treated room.

I was looking into the Audeze LCD-X, but any other reccomendations are appreciated.

Also, I would be connecting the headphones directly to a RME UCX interface, or to my Midas Venice 160 mixer. Would I need and/or benefit from an individual headphone amp with either configurations?

Thank you very much!
Old 4 weeks ago
Headphones are really subjective from what I've seen. I would go to a place that has many models (including cheap ones) to try.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
Headphones are really subjective from what I've seen. I would go to a place that has many models (including cheap ones) to try.
Will do! Thanks for the reply
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Headphone types to look at are:

Electrostatic (eg. Stax)
Planar Magnetic (eg. Audeze)
Bio Cellulose Dynamic (eg. Beyerdynamic, Sony)

You will need a good HRTF/crossfeed plugin as well as a good EQ to correct the response independently left and right.

Done correctly, this will provide a revelatory listening experience, however, even with this kind of setup, headphones can never show the stereo image in such a way that good speakers can mixing sound in open air - but they get pretty damn close.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Headphone types to look at are:

Electrostatic (eg. Stax)
Planar Magnetic (eg. Audeze)
Bio Cellulose Dynamic (eg. Beyerdynamic, Sony)

You will need a good HRTF/crossfeed plugin as well as a good EQ to correct the response independently left and right.

Done correctly, this will provide a revelatory listening experience, however, even with this kind of setup, headphones can never show the stereo image in such a way that good speakers can mixing sound in open air - but they get pretty damn close.
Thank you for your answer! I’ll definitely do some deep research.

As for the stereo image, I would anyways have a pair of monitors for that
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

When I get some spare cash I'm so buying the Focal Clears. They just seem like the best bang for buck monitoring and listening headphones right now

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search