The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Wing - a new digital mixer or something more (else)?
Old 16th November 2019
Here for the gear
Nah. I don't think so. From analysis of the teasers, it seems as if its more of a 48ch concept opposed to the Heritage D's 144ch. I don't doubt that there will be some shared architecture and concepts as like a new generation/era of Music Tribe consoles, but a straight X/M rebadge thing, I don't think so... But . I could be wrong. We'll all find out in a few hours! Hopefully it'll be 12am 17th of November Local German time...
Old 16th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by djryry View Post
Nah. I don't think so. From analysis of the teasers, it seems as if its more of a 48ch concept opposed to the Heritage D's 144ch. I don't doubt that there will be some shared architecture and concepts as like a new generation/era of Music Tribe consoles, but a straight X/M rebadge thing, I don't think so... But . I could be wrong. We'll all find out in a few hours! Hopefully it'll be 12am 17th of November Local German time...
I still believe that Wing could be both physical faders/touch driven digital mixer with vst hosting and an advanced DAW controller + a VST host to offload your CPU.

We'll know in a couple of hours!
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djryry View Post
We'll all find out in a few hours! Hopefully it'll be 12am 17th of November Local German time...
Yeah, I expect this thread will increase...
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear
Still waiting!
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Head

Behringer twitter says reveal is Sunday 6pm (German time), so noon eastern time tomorrow
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

it’s 6pm German time right now
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Head
Video
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

Damn , im just wondering what its gonna cost.
Old 17th November 2019
Here for the gear
I reckon 5k USD
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

Kinda dissapointed when it was a digital mixer instead of a kick-ass DAW controller... How cool would it be to have plug ins pop up on that touchscreen, all controls mapped...

Oh well

Dutchy
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodfish View Post
I reckon 5k USD
I too am neither a Berhinger fan nor a hater. I think they are a modern-day Peavey type company that cater mostly to beginner musicians. Like Peavey, they do on occasion come out with something nice. That being said, I don't think Behringer has earned the reputation for asking $5000 USD for anything they make.
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Nut

Amazing. I am guessing the premium fx racks, standard fx rack and 5 variable plugin slots are all independent of each other? You will have all the hands on control and fx to mix OTB if you want to. Notice they didn’t refer to it as a live console, “personal” mixing console. Price will probably be about $1500 max as entry and make more money on the additional modules and i/o boxes.
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Nut

I'm curious why they chose the reveal video to specify a 3 year warranty. Hasn't Behringer gear been carrying a 10 year warranty?
Old 17th November 2019
DGL
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by naakaala View Post
Amazing. I am guessing the premium fx racks, standard fx rack and 5 variable plugin slots are all independent of each other? You will have all the hands on control and fx to mix OTB if you want to. Notice they didn’t refer to it as a live console, “personal” mixing console. Price will probably be about $1500 max as entry and make more money on the additional modules and i/o boxes.
The 5 variable plug in slots seem to be for channel dynamics, and the slots are PER CHANNEL, so you can change the dynamics emulation on a per channel basis.
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Addict
It’s a lovely looking desk that also records live and seems to have a jog wheel etc for DAW control and great internal fx (as has the X32) - it’s all going to be about the price, if they get it around a grand and the latency is low on the 48x48 usb audio they could be in every home/small studio....
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy15 View Post
Kinda dissapointed when it was a digital mixer instead of a kick-ass DAW controller... How cool would it be to have plug ins pop up on that touchscreen, all controls mapped...

Oh well

Dutchy
Except for the touch screen, Motor 61 does pretty well and is inexpensive.

But yeah, someone really needs to do this.
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Place yer bets:

Floor will be $1700, but no more than $2700
Old 17th November 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
The 5 variable plug in slots seem to be for channel dynamics, and the slots are PER CHANNEL, so you can change the dynamics emulation on a per channel basis.
Yes I think you are right. I was more concerned if the 5 slots would be depended on either of the two fx racks and from watching the video again it does not seem so as inserts fx was also mentioned and I think the inserts will be the racks fx. If this is accurate this would be really awesome.

Now will there be a Midas Wing?
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by votive View Post
Place yer bets:

Floor will be $1700, but no more than $2700
That's too much money for a Behringer product.
Old 17th November 2019
Ok, so two of my guesses were right: a digital mixer plus a DAW controller, well, a huge one, working in Mackie Universal / HUI protocols. I don't get this USB 2.0 interfacing. Being so packed with i/o, no Thunderbolt, no Dante to PC? USB 2.0 with that kind of a beast? Can anybody explain it to me?

No external/vst plugins, no additional dsp for your PC. Ok, I was expecting much, but they made such hype around this Wing thing that I feel a little bit disappointed. When you tease people with amazingness for such a long time, watch out, cuz yea, you can actually disappoint them.

Huge specs on this machine, though.
Old 18th November 2019
Lives for gear

Is it out ?

Old 18th November 2019
afa
Gear Maniac

Old 18th November 2019
Here for the gear

Other than the capacitive touch screen, how is this different than the x32?
Old 18th November 2019
my guess is 5k ..and is that lights on the back side by the input panel?
Old 18th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
Other than the capacitive touch screen, how is this different than the x32?
So far, what I've gleaned from the video:

- Three AES50 ports instead of just two
- StageCON new 32 channel protocol connection
- Two SD cards supported as a native feature instead of X-Live expansion
EDIT: I saw a pic of the back and I can't tell if the dual SD card in the expansion slot is a standard feature.
- 64 track recording capability with SD cards instead of 32 track max
- Real Midas PRO preamps, but only 8 pre's instead of the minimum 16 in X32
- Jog/shuttle control
- Different motorized fader layout
- Additional 4-channel control fader section
- Different/more effects embedded
- 48x48 USB 2.0 interface instead of 32x32
- Two Ethernet ports for device connectivity instead of one

Last edited by MediaGary; 18th November 2019 at 04:44 AM..
Old 18th November 2019
Gear Addict

If they'd put an array of FPGA's or other processors to run a compliment of Acustica and other sorted plugz in it via licensing agreements or something I'd be all in!

Old 18th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveuho View Post
... I don't get tjis USB 2.0 interfacing. Being so packed with i/o, no Thunderbolt, no Dante to PC? USB 2.0 with that kind of a beast? Can anybody explain it to me? ...

No external/vst plugins, no additional dsp for your PC. ....
From the video (the only info I have) Dante is supported as an expansion card Waves SoundGrid server is also supported, both at 64x64 channels.

The native USB 2.0 is 48x48, which is less ambitious than the MOTU M64 and the RME MADIface USB 2.0 interfaces at 64x64.

Hopefully there are some internal signal routing enhancements to allow more convenient use of the board's internal effects within a DAW project. We'll see...
Old 18th November 2019
Here for the gear

I'm exactly in the market for something like this.
My hope and guess is Behringer will price it around € 1900.

For it to be jawdroppingly cheap (that is what Behringer does, it is part of their business strategy) it has to be below 2k I recon, and it will be above the price range of the X32's, so somewhere between € 1650 and € 1999 ??

I could be terribly wrong though
Old 18th November 2019
Here for the gear
ALSO... 40 stereo channels= 80 total possible inputs... Thats a big deal and big difference...
Old 18th November 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
If they'd put an array of FPGA's or other processors to run a compliment of Acustica and other sorted plugz in it via licensing agreements or something I'd be all in!

Listen, even if they get some software control from various manufacturers (like SSL or Waves), that would be amazing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search