The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for Jesus

Another day working on the D&R Octagon I love it more and more everyday.
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-octagon.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-octagon.jpg  
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for gear

Live tracking drums, upright bass, various acoustic guitars and vocals in my barn studio.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050444.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050445.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050450.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050452.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050453.jpg  

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-_1050463.jpg  
Old 25th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
What!!!!!! There’s a DAW there? Guess that not for clients and gmail? ?
Haha, both rooms have a Pro Tools rig for outside engineers or to dump the tape to Pro Tools at the end of a session. In-house engineers don’t use it often, Albini never does.
Old 25th November 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
What!!!!!! There’s a DAW there? Guess that not for clients and gmail? ?
They put PT into both rooms some years ago. Steve doesn't use it, but staff and visiting engineers all do.
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby in WA View Post
Bells are ringing
Mmm I like the vibe in this room.

I'll see myself out.
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
Live tracking drums, upright bass, various acoustic guitars and vocals in my barn studio.
Cool setup . . and complete with a 77DX ! !
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernier View Post
Cool setup . . and complete with a 77DX ! !
Love that mic. With a good one, there's just nothing else that sounds like it on vocals. And mine has a gold body!
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20191123_183856.jpg

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20191123_183907.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20191123_183856.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20191123_183907.jpg  
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilRoy View Post
Found a use for an old iPad.

Quote:
DAW Remote running on an iPad 1, which isn’t good for much of anything else now. Running Logic and it was super easy to set up, there’s a Logic setup in the app. There’s 3 different views, this is the big button view but the other 2 have faders for couch mixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicnomad View Post
Does this work with pro tools?

EDIT: Should've just googled it, it does support Pro Tools. I'll probably buy this, thanks for the tip!
Yeah thanks for that. Got an old iPad laying around as well. Just loaded a remote for Cubase. Works well. Good compliment to my Avid artist mix and control.
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac

I am installing new bass traps (stuffed with 703) and getting things organized. I installed the long bass trap that runs across the back wall behind the couch and it had an immediate noticeable difference on the low end! it has me very excited. I am covering the two corner wedges that fit below the existing bass traps next and should have those installed in a few hours. I also have a 6x4x8" cloud I need to cover and hang...

Old 26th November 2019
Cool looking room
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

This year I probably felt I need more Neumanns in my life.

Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-u87u89.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-km76.jpg  
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Found a use for an old iPad.

Doesn't the Cinemix have transport controls ?

I have Macros on the Octagon that i programed to send MMC, i thought your desk would have that also.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Doesn't the Cinemix have transport controls ?

I have Macros on the Octagon that i programed to send MMC, i thought your desk would have that also.
Sadly, no. Stupid omission on a mixer called Cinemix, right? Once the plugin is done, I want to have it double as a control surface and was thinking of repurposing the 5 stereo mutes for transport... maybe. Digging the iPad and that I can record a take while trapped behind a drum kit.
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Cool looking room
thanks! I absolutely positively love my studio.

today I put the fabric on the wedge traps and got them mounted in the back corners. I had some granite cut to fit on top of them and matching pieces to make end tables. The legs for the right end table are in transit but once they get here the right side will essentially mirror the left with the same table lamp and a salt lamp. I've still got the 6x4 cloud to wrap and hang, but that will probably be after the holiday.

Old 27th November 2019
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Sadly, no. Stupid omission on a mixer called Cinemix, right? Once the plugin is done, I want to have it double as a control surface and was thinking of repurposing the 5 stereo mutes for transport... maybe. Digging the iPad and that I can record a take while trapped behind a drum kit.
Do you have Macro switches on the Cinemix ?

That app for the Ipad looks cool, if i had one i would for sure use it
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

I guess I'll throw this up here too. My new EQ:
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-thcjtvu.jpg  
Old 27th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do you have Macro switches on the Cinemix ?

Nope. :0/
Old 27th November 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
That’s one thing I like about Logic:

The Logic Remote app - both iPad and iPhone versions. As I am a one man band deal, it makes it so much easier to be able to control the daw from my iPhone, which has helped immensely during tracking.

And every time I think about getting a daw controller, I pull up the iPad app and decide I can do everything I want to do from there. At least so far.

Everything’s cool until it’s not. So far it’s still cool.
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Nope. :0/
Looks like your old Ipad will be getting alot of use
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Guru

I keep forgetting to take pics for this thread, but here's one of guitar overdub day last week.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-amps.jpg  
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
I keep forgetting to take pics for this thread, but here's one of guitar overdub day last week.
Vox <3
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Vox <3
Yeah, I really love it.
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Yeah, I really love it.
I've had my AC-30 (blue speakers) since 2002, made in U.K.

Gotta love it!
Old 28th November 2019
Waiting to find out if there will be some leftovers. I have about 10 more semi truckloads to install 1st though. Building schools for a living has given me all my acoustical treatment materials through the years. Just have to wait for them to finish installs and see what is left over. The room pic speaker stands, clouds, gobo’s are all made from leftover packing materials that were protecting bigger tectum panels from my last project.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-52e5968f-dfef-4cff-8d4c-0abfdfd66c09.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-9739b05a-356e-470b-b953-770a230b664a.jpg  
Old 28th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by matherne View Post
Waiting to find out if there will be some leftovers. I have about 10 more semi truckloads to install 1st though. Building schools for a living has given me all my acoustical treatment materials through the years. Just have to wait for them to finish installs and see what is left over. The room pic speaker stands, clouds, gobo’s are all made from leftover packing materials that were protecting bigger tectum panels from my last project.
The speaker stands look awesome! Going into my inspiration folder for sure (:
Old 30th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
Love that mic. With a good one, there's just nothing else that sounds like it on vocals. And mine has a gold body!
Solid gold?
Old 1st December 2019
Gear Maniac

Came into two of these:
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-c3d9569f-fa46-4c57-8f89-7f8bf32f4658.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-fbf41d7a-eacb-4b6c-a36f-c1fe78d05c3f.jpg  
Old 1st December 2019
Working on some mastering today, tried this pair of API clones as line amps and loved it! They're CAPI cards with Jensen input and old API output transformers and Avedis op amps. Pushed real hard with a line input, they add some nice color to a master!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_7571.jpg  
Old 1st December 2019
The rest of room “b” as we call it.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-716e1193-9811-4527-a74e-e825295acaf9.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-10d861c9-386d-4c64-98f7-3a2d9c6cb624.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search