The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates ➡️
Been recording in this studio for 8 years now and only now discovered this is a much better place to record vocals.
Are you sure the "room treatment" specs are officially GS approved? If they are not, which they certainly don't look to be, then you are doing this wrong, and you only think it sounds good. You need GS "room treatment" approval, you see.

Old 23 hours ago
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Took forever but I finally got the HEDDs today! I think I ordered them in November. Maybe it was December, I don't remember. One arrived 4 days ago! The other just arrived an hour ago. I ordered the sub too but no telling when that one is going to show up! That's what's been happening in the studio today!
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-hedd-type-20-mk2-box.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-cr-two-hedds.jpg  
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

Clearly, 2 HEDD's are better than one.
Chris
Old 21 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 ➡️
Clearly, 2 HEDD's are better than one.
Chris
You know, I was going to say that but thankfully I forgot! LOL!
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
That's a very cool-looking battle station you got there, Henry! Great speaker reference options, and tidy too.
Old 20 hours ago
Lives for gear

Henry, what are you favoring with the AEA 44/Bock 251 nowadays?
Thanks, Chris
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger ➡️
That's a very cool-looking battle station you got there, Henry! Great speaker reference options, and tidy too.
thank you progger! Tidy? I did pick up a little bit of trash on the desk. Battle station! Good term. I’m surprised at how those NHTs hold up. More tip than the HEDD but I have set them up. I have to adjust the height too. They’re just a tiny bit too high.
Old 11 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 ➡️
Henry, what are you favoring with the AEA 44/Bock 251 nowadays?
Thanks, Chris
Right now with my group I’m using the Bock on upright bass. The 44 I’ve used on vocals but not recently. They’re great mics of course.
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➡️
Took forever but I finally got the HEDDs today! I think I ordered them in November. Maybe it was December, I don't remember. One arrived 4 days ago! The other just arrived an hour ago. I ordered the sub too but no telling when that one is going to show up! That's what's been happening in the studio today!
Very cool, Henry. Not to tell you what to do, but I strongly suggest checking out Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers for your monitors. Your desk just looks like a vibration station...
Old 5 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound ➡️
Very cool, Henry. Not to tell you what to do, but I strongly suggest checking out Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizers for your monitors. Your desk just looks like a vibration station...
Thanks! Yes. it kind of is a vibrational society up there. But I very rarely play anything loud.
Old 4 hours ago | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett ➡️
Thanks! Yes. it kind of is a vibrational society up there. But I very rarely play anything loud.
Even at low volume they really do make a difference. Not that you don't have good ears and experience...
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Video rather than pictures. My house, then studio was invaded early this morning by three monsters, all 10 year old females! Already quite comfortable bossing me around, then flashing charming smiles to ensure they get their way.

We had a YouTube practice session in the Family Room, then a pre-recording run-through in the Studio with Charlotte’s pre-recorded piano.

The trio decided they can be called MNM (Left to right, Mattison, Natalie and Marlo).

I recorded two iPhone videos you will enjoy:

YouTube video practice in Family Room:
https://vimeo.com/517586794

Pre-recording practice:
https://vimeo.com/517586364
Old 1 hour ago
Lives for gear

Wonderful!
Chris
Old 23 minutes ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan ➡️
The trio decided they can be called MNM (Left to right, Mattison, Natalie and Marlo).
Much more enjoyable that TDM (Teenaged Daughter Meltdown).
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…