The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

(Having used my M7 in parallel from the vocal mic feed for the past three years, recently inspired by a cool GS thread on room mics and reverb, I am experimenting based on concepts from the thread and a reported CLA quote from the thread “Only put reverb on the room mics, never the close mics...": Here's my little Bricasti M7 drum "room mic" trick)

Vocal setup/test
C700A Vocals, both capsules, Omni and Figure 8, Pueblo JR

C715, in cardioid, as room mic @ 3:1 distance, Pueblo JR to reverb only: M7 Studio B Close

https://flic.kr/p/2jTVHj6

Loving the new 700A. Next session is still a few weeks out and the first lead vocals will be very young ladies, 8 to 10.

On that session, I'll also have two of our excellent teen vocalists, Johanna and Charlotte, on harmony and, since there aren't too many C700A samples available, may share their great voices on this setup.

OT, It is super cool to have been working with the teens long enough, six years coming up in December, to have them training/mentoring our next generation of vocalists and, regarding Johanna, the following link was on a different setup back in 2018 when Johanna was 14, on a TG Mic. I am posting because, in addition to sounding great on the TG mic in the linked sample, based on a Tele 251 E I owned when Johanna recorded a Christmas CD, at 13, the girl can fly on vocals via CK12, J12 is Josephson's variant, and should be a great fit for the 700A. She recently commented, now at age 16, that her voice has changed significantly and she is confident her vocals are currently much better. This is one of the few songs where any vocalist from my groups has done more than one full, plus, at most, one short partial vocal take, as we are always pressed for time. Johanna in particular is almost 100% a single take vocalist. We had about an hour in 2017 on Hills And Valleys and Johanna was overjoyed to be able to spend the extra time singing until her ride home, an older sister, insisted she must leave.

https://soundcloud.com/user-62615386...ts/go-ye-music

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 5 days ago at 01:10 AM..
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear