The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
I cut the rebates today, it's progressing nicely.

That's some mighty fine craftsmanship!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Working on my Elton John

It’s a tribute to triad orbit too. Look at the extension on the 4038’s. Been that way for two days and no sag
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-5e9ea718-efc4-41a5-875d-83dd28494788.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-40376b69-5806-4e46-b1d7-5a8043026607.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrittjacob View Post
got an old 2 Bus hooked up w/ Apollo x8P and i'm really psyched with the results
This is very calming for some reason. Nice setup.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan View Post
As always with cool mics Doug, would love to hear the e22 on a vocal
Hey Steven - I have this quick ditty I can share.

We were tracking an original that, unfortunately I can't share - but she started singing a little bit of Adele for a minute during a pause. Sounded good so I asked her to start over so I could record a bit of it. Later I added some reverb.

Josephson e22s SDC -->Coil CA70-->Chandler RS124.

All the hardware was set for the original song. Note the Negative Feedback setting on the CA70 in attached pic.

I'm starting to love this mic. Pairs so well with the CA70 preamp - which I decided to buy after listening to some of your tracks.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-nf-hello-ca70__.jpg  
Attached Files

Hello Jossh e22s wet.mp3 (1.38 MB, 1839 views)

Last edited by DougS; 2 weeks ago at 04:38 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thank you so much, I really enjoyed her spontaneous Hello cover, that girl can sing!

To me this was an unexpectedly great E22/Coil 70 combination, and another obvious example of a great vocalist making any high-quality combination sound great, killing it on great gear.

It was great to see your Coil settings, I also like to run the Coils on -6 Input when I use them as the first preamp and I see your negative feedback is about one and a half marks past the Coil "starting point" which is a lot of NF on a 70. I hear a lot of things I love.

Really appreciate you sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Hey Steven - I have this quick ditty I can share.

We were tracking an original that, unfortunately I can't share - but she started singing a little bit of Adele for a minute during a pause. Sounded good so I asked her to start over so I could record a bit of it. Later I added some reverb.

Josephson e22s SDC -->Coil CA70-->Chandler RS124.

All the hardware was set for the original song. Note the Negative Feedback setting on the CA70 in attached pic.

I'm starting to love this mic. Pairs so well with the CA70 preamp - which I decided to buy after listening to some of your tracks.
Old 2 weeks ago
PMF
Gear Addict
All walled up at the first rehearsal after the lockdown....
we had to re-arrange the studio, setting up the walls and keeping distance of course....

also got to try a new cheap but really good sounding addictive toy :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-studio1.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-studio2.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-mod_d.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I had been cutting a drum track with brushes so I had a Røde TF5 about 14" over the snare. I just moved it off the the side to get it out of the way of a replaced cymbal so I could practice. Now it looks like I'm micing the hats in stereo.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-stereo-hats.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
I am binge listening to Doug Fearns' podcasts on my newly flush mounted speakers.

I just spent the last three weeks flush mounting my speakers, and now I am bing listening to some of Doug Fearns' podcasts. You can listen at https://www.buzzsprout.com/942952

if you want to hear a D.W. Fearn recording for free, here is your chance. Doug Fearn has released multiple podcasts on recording. As you can see from my racks...I am a big fan! Nothing captures sound like a Fearn. You can hear the quality, and the wisdom of the man who brings us this.

You can also find them at dougfearn.com
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-screen-shot-2020-05-16-1.00.22-pm.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_0838.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-screen-shot-2020-05-16-1.00.33-pm.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-screen-shot-2020-05-16-1.00.08-pm.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-screen-shot-2020-05-16-1.00.22-pm.jpg  

Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-screen-shot-2020-05-16-1.00.33-pm.jpg  

Last edited by firehouse12; 2 weeks ago at 06:51 PM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Just got a 3rd ADL 600. Was going to go with a neve type but these just kill it on everything I have tried them. Plus you cannot beat the price. Got to make rack space now and get in touch with Bowie.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-a6b77710-8dd5-4a1c-8200-bf484b29c694.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Trying out a few things... AKG C414 XLII into TC Gold Channel, Elysia Skulpter and Elysia Skulpter into modded DBX 163X. Playing with the de-esser and the vintage compressor on the Gold Channel (both working good). The Elysia Skulpter may be a about .5 dB quieter than the TC Gold Channel. Shape One on the Skulpter is subtle (couldn't really hear a difference at 30 %). After the mod, the DBX 163X has lost the slight crunchy and dark character it had before. Now, it's hard to distinguish from uncompressed.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-p1040528-rot.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny Cat View Post
That's some mighty fine craftsmanship!
thankyou, progress is slow but I know I will be happy with it,

I am in the process of making the back panels at the moment, here's an update pic for anybody who's interested, they will be shiplapped but carefully placed so that the joints cannot be seen from the front on the deepest wells.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_1921.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_1922.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-knothole1_dutchman-1.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
I did a remix version today of a song I produced earlier this year called "El Bombonazzo". Sorry about the upside down picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-bombo-remix-1.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-bombo-remix-2.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
I did a remix version today of a song I produced earlier this year called "El Bombonazzo". Sorry about the upside down picture.
Was it a remix of "Dancing on the Ceiling?"
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Was it a remix of "Dancing on the Ceiling?"
actually I mix upside down, or downside up.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is it true that in Australia, tape recorders turn the other way 'round?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by andychamp View Post
you'd have to ask psycho monkey, he lives in Australia.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychamp View Post
no - but studer made a 'kiwi bumper' so that they couldn't get between the heads and under the tape!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Niiiiice.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Recording vocals for my solo album, gotta love the Slate VMS
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20200525_211622.jpg   Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-img_20200525_180934.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
I finally got around to installing well fitting black m3 hex screws for the 500 series rack, makes a big difference visually on the xfilter and xpressor 500, been running some old tracks through this chain to re-master them.
Attached Thumbnails
Today in the studio... (photo upload thread)-500_series_final-1.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
Recording vocals for my solo album, gotta love the Slate VMS
the sale right now makes me want to grab one
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
the sale right now makes me want to grab one
Do it!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search