The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any have any info on early TEAC Consoles? TEAC 103/101 input modules
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Any have any info on early TEAC Consoles? TEAC 103/101 input modules

Supposedly TEAC made some pretty ok consoles before tascam bought them out. This model is supposed to have input and output iron and will hang with outer consoles of the day. Anybody ever tracked on one?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Bumpin up!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarplayntaylor View Post
Supposedly TEAC made some pretty ok consoles before tascam bought them out. This model is supposed to have input and output iron and will hang with outer consoles of the day. Anybody ever tracked on one?
I was one of the 1st artists to be recorded on TEAC/TASCAM gear. I recall those modules being used on the TEAC/TASCAM Model 10, the 1st console they marketed in the USA. It worked ok but the only thing to get excited about was how cheap it was compared to everything else on the market at the time.

FYI - TASCAM has always been owned by TEAC.

Last edited by Rick Ruskin; 3 weeks ago at 04:19 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Tascam was not originally owned by TEAC. The company started in 1971 and would import and modify TEAC 4 track machines. In 1974 they formerly became part of TEAC.

The Series 70 and Model 10 were nothing to write home about by today’s standards but at the time they were cheap. The 10 was about $2000.

I’m not familiar with the models you mention.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Tascam was not originally owned by TEAC. The company started in 1971 and would import and modify TEAC 4 track machines. In 1974 they formerly became part of TEAC.

The Series 70 and Model 10 were nothing to write home about by today’s standards but at the time they were cheap. The 10 was about $2000.

I’m not familiar with the models you mention.
I don't know where your information is coming from. I was personal friends with Dr. Abe, who as head engineer, was in essence the "A" of TEAC. He was one of the 2 heads of TASC, (TEAC Audio Systems Corp) in Japan. The "AM" was added for the American arm of the company, hence, "TASCAM."

The prototype model series 70-H 1/2" 8track was 1st used on one of my sessions. The tracks ended up on my 2nd LP.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search