The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A reverb/delay unit that sounds way superior to TC Elec's M-300 & just as easy to use
Old 11th June 2007
Gear Addict

A reverb/delay unit that sounds way superior to TC Elec's M-300 & just as easy to use

Is there a reverb and delay unit that sounds way superior to the TC Electronics M-300 or M-350(newer version) that is just as easy to use? The user friendliness and ease of use of the M-300 is tremendous for newbies like myself. That's its main selling point to me. I am willing to spend more on a better sounding unit, BUT ONLY if it is as easy to use and intuitive as the M-300. Any suggested units? I get lost in units with buttons and a million parameters to set.

Here is a link to view its easy dial-in control panel if you are not familiar:

Introduction
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

Some say that drumming is hard... Others say it`s easy.

I think it`s a matter of will....
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

I think that's just about the easiest to use hardware mfx unit I can think of. And btw, that's its strong point.
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

EMT 140
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

The M300/350 make things easy, in part, by giving you relatively few tweakable parameters per effect - most of the choices are made for you when you select one of the main effect types using the two rotary selector knobs.

Fact is *most* mfx units are pretty easy to use if you're prepared to stick mainly to the presets (set the in/out levels, the mix% and then just use the jog wheel to call up a factory preset patch).

If you need to be able to adjust just a few other parameters, like you can do with the dedicated knobs on the t c M3xxs then, yes, there will be a small learning curve involved - but not particularly daunting. Guess it comes down to whether an improvement in effects quality is worth a smidgen more 'brain strain' ...
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddyleewannabe View Post
I am willing to spend more on a better sounding unit, BUT ONLY if it is as easy to use and intuitive as the M-300. Any suggested units?
I also do not like processors with nested, scrolling menus and complex controls. I have had the M300 for a few years, one main reason was the simplicity of use.

When I wanted some more advanced sound options, I went with Eventide 2016 and Klark Teknik DN780. Like the M300, these units have exceptionally straightforward controls with all functions right on the front panel, and in addition have far superior sound quality. And of course, cost more.

Steve
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

Lexicon ALEX!
Old 11th June 2007
Lives for gear

The TC Reverb4000 has a USB-connected graphic Editor that allows you to adjust all of the parameters on a nice big screen without moving from the mix position. And it sounds great.

DP

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search