The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
82 Series Neve Consoles. Anyone got one?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

82 Series Neve Consoles. Anyone got one?

It seems it's kind of like the red headed step child of the Neve family. That after the problems people had with the 81 series (and corrected on the 82's), not many people bought into the 82 series or at least I haven't heard from many people who have them.

The only one I'm aware of that's still in active duty is at Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals. Any one else got one? And where are you getting parts? Any love for the sound of it? Or hate for that matter.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Well then. I guess I have my answer. They must indeed be rare consoles.
Old 3 weeks ago
I've never seen one. Plenty of 8108's, 8128's and V's.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Jim, and I think that's what this console is, a step in an evolution between the 81 series and the V's.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Studio had one… sold it about 2yrs ago, loved the sound but maintenance and qualified techs to work on it became fewer and fewer so little by little switches started to loose there latching capabilities making stable connections harder to maintain. Killer sound though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search