The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Temp Recording Solution
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Temp Recording Solution

Hello All,

Novice here and have a question. I currently support a small public event room. We have 5 mics (Shure) connected via XLR ports to a Rockville RPM109. We then have 4 in ceiling speakers connected and all works well.

A situation has come up that I need to have the mics first go through a Motu 8 pre USB before getting to the Rockville RPM 109. Basically the audio will need to be recorded and a laptop will be plugged into the Motu via USB. The vendor supplies the recording software to be used and they have required the Motu as that is what they support.

Should I be able to run the mics into the Motu 8 pre USB and then just use the 1/4" outputs on the Motu to get to the RPM109? From what I am reading it appears I might need to convert the signal before hitting the RPM 109.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redryder View Post
Hello All,

Novice here and have a question. I currently support a small public event room. We have 5 mics (Shure) connected via XLR ports to a Rockville RPM109. We then have 4 in ceiling speakers connected and all works well.

A situation has come up that I need to have the mics first go through a Motu 8 pre USB before getting to the Rockville RPM 109. Basically the audio will need to be recorded and a laptop will be plugged into the Motu via USB. The vendor supplies the recording software to be used and they have required the Motu as that is what they support.

Should I be able to run the mics into the Motu 8 pre USB and then just use the 1/4" outputs on the Motu to get to the RPM109? From what I am reading it appears I might need to convert the signal before hitting the RPM 109.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
the motu only has two analog outputs. these are not mic level. as you only have 2 channels you could use a stereo input of the rockville. no conversion necessary. but you would have to do the mixing on the notebook and couldn‘t use the fx of the rockville for individual channels!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search