The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
isolation/protection headphone/in-ears
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

isolation/protection headphone/in-ears

Hi guys,

I started to play drums again, after a few years and I am looking for a great isolation/protection headphone to practice.

My hearing protection is gonna be more important than the actual sound quality of the headphone. Indeed I will use the heaphone mainly to record tracks with a metronome, to practice over "unmixed pre-production", and sometimes over mixed songs.

Anyway, I have been reading a lot about multiple headphones the last few days, and I am getting confused on what I should get. So far I am leaning toward :

The vic firth SIH2 / Extreme isolation 25 or 29 / DT770M . These headphones, in this order, seems to offer 25 / 29 / 35 db of isolation. However after reading multiple threads, it seems that the 35db of isolation of the DT770M are actually not isolating as much as the 25db of SIH2. Not sure about the ex25/ex29, concerning isolation, some says it s better, other not, than the Vic firth.

I know a lot of people love the GK ultraphones, but these are out of my price range considering the shipping costs to my place.

Let me know what would be the best option for me, considering that isolation/protection is the most important. The best would be advice from people that had the chance to try multiple headphones.

And maybe in ears would be the best for me ? For example, the shure SE215-CL seems to provide 37db of isolation, but I am wondering if having the click/music right in my ears might hurt more than anything ?

Thanks !
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Im a drummer as well and have been looking at in ear monitors but not for JUST sound protection but to play along with my synthesizers in a live environment. I'm curious as to what others suggest as this will help me make an informed decision in this regard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search