The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Protecting case for Burl MS
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Protecting case for Burl MS

Is there any prottecting case for Burl MS out there light enough for travelling?
i need to travel by plane with the MS chassis, was thinking in putting it inside my suitcase, but first putting it some 4u case, and then that case put it inside my suitcase, with a lot of clothes and packing materials around.
i have seen some Gator cases but i think it dosnt fit
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduy View Post
Is there any prottecting case for Burl MS out there light enough for travelling?
i need to travel by plane with the MS chassis, was thinking in putting it inside my suitcase, but first putting it some 4u case, and then that case put it inside my suitcase, with a lot of clothes and packing materials around.
i have seen some Gator cases but i think it dosnt fit
4U is 4U. Why wouldn't it fit in a 4U case? Depth?

And don't forget about the 1U power supply...

I wouldn't be concerned that the case is light enough, rather that the MS is light enough. When loaded with cards that thing is like an anvil.

I'd get a 7 or more RU travel case and check it separately from my other luggage. 7U so you can include the power supply and still leave 1U empty for ventilation above and below the main chassis when using the MS at your destination without having to remove it from the case.

Gator makes an 8U: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ries-rack-case

P.S. I bet the guys at Burl would have a lot of experience flying with these things. They're a helpful bunch. Give them a call or email.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search