The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Piece broke off vintagesampler: any idea to fix it?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac
Piece broke off vintagesampler: any idea to fix it?

Hi! I recently made a deal with someone on Reverb for an old EMU SP12 Turbo. Works great and the seller is a great guy too. However, when I got it I noticed a small piece broke off during the delivery (which I am sure happened during delivery, as I found it loose in the box). See picture below.

Now, I am glad its still working ok and its only a small piece, but I cant deny its bothering me big time. After all, its still a sampler worth 2000-ish euros nowadays. Now, I figured I could glue the piece to the Emu with any type of superglue, as it fits perfectly like the shoe fitted Cinderella, but it still leaves a white scratch from the inner material. Now I wondered...is there like a material which can be spraid on in the same color as the EMU to hide it up?

I am sure this must be possible somehow, as nowadays 2 mouseclicks to get the right colorcode in Photoshop from any picture you import in it. Meaning there must be some way to get the paint or spray from any color I want (just thinking out loud here)?
Attached Thumbnails
Piece broke off vintagesampler: any idea to fix it?-.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search