The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
At 4050 vs new nt1 (cardiod)
Old 1 week ago
At 4050 vs new nt1 (cardiod)

Which mic is the superior all rounder in cardiod? Is one better than vox than the other, or instruments ect?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The new black NT1 sounds warmer and has a smoother frequency response. I prefer that sound on vocals myself.

The AT would work better on things such as acoustic guitar, Fender amps, and things that need to “chime”.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you are looking into cardiod only, the AT 4040 is a better comparison to the NT1.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtan View Post
If you are looking into cardiod only, the AT 4040 is a better comparison to the NT1.
Ive owned the 4040 and find the new nt1 smoother.
Old 1 week ago
I ask because i own both and want to know what i should use for what(in cardiod)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdan1988 View Post
I ask because i own both and want to know what i should use for what(in cardiod)
Why not plug them in and just try them and judge for yourself? When it comes to vocals especially it’s never going to be a case of this mic is always better than that one. If you have a vocalist with a naturally strident or sibilant voice, the darker of the two mics will very likely be better suited. But on a shy mumbling singer the brighter mic could be the ticket to adding needed detail and for lyrical intelligibility.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
Why not plug them in and just try them and judge for yourself? When it comes to vocals especially it’s never going to be a case of this mic is always better than that one. If you have a vocalist with a naturally strident or sibilant voice, the darker of the two mics will very likely be better suited. But on a shy mumbling singer the brighter mic could be the ticket to adding needed detail and for lyrical intelligibility.
I absolutely agree. But still id like pro/ experienced opinions becaise im not a pro with golden ears.
Theres also the which is better on which instrument options. Bottom line is, im trying to learn from both practice and opinions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search