The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
At 4050 vs new nt1 (cardiod)
Old 4 weeks ago
At 4050 vs new nt1 (cardiod)

Which mic is the superior all rounder in cardiod? Is one better than vox than the other, or instruments ect?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The new black NT1 sounds warmer and has a smoother frequency response. I prefer that sound on vocals myself.

The AT would work better on things such as acoustic guitar, Fender amps, and things that need to “chime”.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If you are looking into cardiod only, the AT 4040 is a better comparison to the NT1.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedtan View Post
If you are looking into cardiod only, the AT 4040 is a better comparison to the NT1.
Ive owned the 4040 and find the new nt1 smoother.
Old 4 weeks ago
I ask because i own both and want to know what i should use for what(in cardiod)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdan1988 View Post
I ask because i own both and want to know what i should use for what(in cardiod)
Why not plug them in and just try them and judge for yourself? When it comes to vocals especially it’s never going to be a case of this mic is always better than that one. If you have a vocalist with a naturally strident or sibilant voice, the darker of the two mics will very likely be better suited. But on a shy mumbling singer the brighter mic could be the ticket to adding needed detail and for lyrical intelligibility.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
Why not plug them in and just try them and judge for yourself? When it comes to vocals especially it’s never going to be a case of this mic is always better than that one. If you have a vocalist with a naturally strident or sibilant voice, the darker of the two mics will very likely be better suited. But on a shy mumbling singer the brighter mic could be the ticket to adding needed detail and for lyrical intelligibility.
I absolutely agree.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search