The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
how to find rhythm section in nyc?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

how to find rhythm section in nyc?

I want to track some songs this winter in a nice studio in nyc. I've been a bit out of the loop for the last few years. Does anyone have any suggestions of studios/producers/musicians in nyc who are good at getting things right the right time?

I want to track mostly live with great musicians
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Haven't been in NYC for a really long time. But the best tactic anywhere, if you don't know the pool really well, is to find one player you like and trust and let that person contract the rest.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I've produced several records in NYC with wonderful musicians, most of whom are still there. I'd be happy to PM you some info.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Rhythm section for what, exactly? jazz, country, disco. . .etc.?

In the abstract, I might agree with Brent. But, I would rather have more hands-on awareness - and would personally talk to a lot of connected musicians there. Good players generally know the pecking order if they are really in the game.

Control freak,

Ray H.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progger View Post
I've produced several records in NYC with wonderful musicians, most of whom are still there. I'd be happy to PM you some info.
yes please do that! I'm considering all options

music is somewhere between Bob Dylan, Replacements, Lou Reed with a bit of weirdness

thank you!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search