The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie Control... any thoughts?
Old 28th October 2002
SawSlut

Hi all, I'm new to the board, so if this subject has been covered, don't go ballistic.

Anway, about the Mackie Control: Is anyone using it? What's your experience with it? I'm considering one, because after four years of mixing with a mouse, I'm ready for a change!

-0z-
Old 28th October 2002
Gear Maniac

One word.....Crap......grudge
Old 28th October 2002
I thought it was going to take over the planet, but kind of like the ProControl in the early days, it seems hard to get user feedback on it.

Not having a montor/talkback section is a PITA IMHO but I think it seems cool as a product. Folks are using 16 fader Logic Controls to control Logic AND ProTools set ups as it emulates a HUI on 16 (maximum because of IAC bus limits) faders. The small footprint is either a plus or minus point depending on your viewpoint..

Bring it on, any users out there?

Old 29th October 2002
SawSlut

I already have a talkback setup, so it's not an issue for me. I'm more interested in the fader action (how smooth, sensitive, etc) and itergration with various DAWs.

Thanks,
-0z-
Old 30th October 2002
Lives for gear

I'm using a Logoc Control with just Logic 5.3.

It's really much nicer as I record myself as opposed to anyone else, so having a more tape-like transport to deal with is a big plus. The faders are alright, but not nice console nice and smooth if you know what I mean.

I feel like for what I'm doing (recording myself at home and then mixing inside logic) it's working well and makes the flow of work a lot more comfortable for me, especially ergonomically. I don't miss all those extra hours of mousing a bit.

My 2cents.

Be well-

Lee

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search