The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Polarity reverse adapter for Drawmer 1960?
Old 2 weeks ago
Polarity reverse adapter for Drawmer 1960?

I'd like to use an existing insert cable with my 1960 but the inserts on that are wired opposite of the standard (tip=return instead of tip-send).

I've looked around but haven't seen a simple 1/4 adapter that I can plugin to the 1960's inserts that will reverse the polarity. Anyone come across something that can do that job?

I use the same insert on a console with normal wiring so don't want to use a completely separate cable to avoid plugging in and out and would rather fix it semi-permanent on the 1960 side.

Cheers
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

https://reverb.com/item/10281795-1-4...ersing-adapter

Like this?

You could also reverse them yourself in the TRS connector.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus TM View Post
https://reverb.com/item/10281795-1-4...ersing-adapter

Like this?

You could also reverse them yourself in the TRS connector.
Thanks, saw that one but a bit pricey for what it is. Looking for a female to male 1/4 that would allow me to resolder but a lot of them are formed around the connectors in a way that you can't access the wiring.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Gotcha.
Maybe just cut off the molded connector and put on a good one?
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus TM View Post
Gotcha.
Maybe just cut off the molded connector and put on a good one?
Thanks, yea might do something like that or just get some parts from Mouser and go all DIY.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm missing something here. Is this the typical male TRS x dual male TS? Can't just swap which TS represents send vs return duties?
Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
I'm missing something here. Is this the typical male TRS x dual male TS? Can't just swap which TS represents send vs return duties?
Thanks
Sorry should have mentioned the other end of the inserts are XLR (SPL Vitalizer and Pultec) so can't do that (also I'd rather not plug and unplug all the time from the devices).

What I do wonder is why Drawmer choose that configuration. The model I have is from the first version in the 80s so maybe that's why but the manual still shows the reverse behaviour so seems they kept it even for the newer models.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search