The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Purple audio vs. Capi vs. Focusrite
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Purple audio vs. Capi vs. Focusrite

Three contenders in the 500 series mix preamp department, all going for less than 500 on reverb right now. My other thread died so I’m making one with a more concise purpose.

Focusrite red 1 for 420.

Purple audio biz mk for 420.

Capi vp26 for 290.

What would Jesus do?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Lets add the lindell 6x500 to that list. Preamp and EQ for 300 american. Seems insane. Says there's a transformer, but after watching that WA-512 video and seeing that they're a bit tinny compared to the capi even though they have a transformer I'm not sold just because of that. I have a hunch that the focusrite is the best in overall quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUPyHwwQsg

Found that video. In 500 series the Burl preamp seems to jump out as the best imo. Maybe I should just hold onto my money for now. I'm calling it: don't even like the focusrite that much, the purple audio is second for me to the burl. (out of the ones I was comparing.) Something about the tone coming out of that burl b1 just jumped out at me. It was a true, "wow," moment. It sounds as big as the rack mounted stuff!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search