The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Krk vxt 8 ve krk v8 g4
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Nut
 

Krk vxt 8 ve krk v8 g4

Hey guys, i need your help again.

Had anyone been able to compare the krk vxt8 to the krk v8 gen 4? I have searched far and wide and haven't been able to find a decent comparison thread.

Is it worth the extra money to get the gen 4?

Other sizes are fine to compare if you've heard them

I know how great the original v8 are and how they used focal parts and all that, we dont need to hear about that its just a comparison between the 2: vxt8 6 4 and v8 6 4 g4.

This will help me allot and i think this will help tons of others.

Are they that different? G4 worth it?

The v8 v4 and v6 gen 4 have been out for a little bit now i bet someone has heard them!

Im looking for a nice accurate but not too pricey speaker to go with my ns10a and mixcube for client pleasing and full spectrum club style reference. Ill only use these for like 10 seconds switching for reference here and there and for clients with my krk 10s subwoofer.

Thanks!!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
Gear Nut
 

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks you guys n gals.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Nut
 

I know the legendary mike dean has used this combo for hotels, ns10a but with the krk rockit 8 i bet these would be even better!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Nut
 

I know these aren't atc or focal or barefoot or anything but maybe someone has tried these.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Addict
 

I like both but the Kevlar tweeter on the V8S4 takes the cake for me.

I find the KRK V6S4 to be a better overall monitor for the midrange and guitars but it lacks the bass volume and extension of the 8. With the 8, you won’t need a sub. I don’t like subs. A 6 with a switchable sub is a great setup for client pleasing and checking low end but for your usage, if you stick with the NS10s and Auratone, get the V8.

With V6S4 and Rokit 5G4, I don’t feel the need for a separate pair of NS10s, just a craving for more low end information and volume that only a bigger pair of complimentary monitors can provide. Only a three way speaker can give you both the midrange and bass in a single package but it’s an additional crossover and you’ll usually have to sit further back. Auratone 5C is still incredibly useful though.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctambulant View Post
I like both but the Kevlar tweeter on the V8S4 takes the cake for me.

I find the KRK V6S4 to be a better overall monitor for the midrange and guitars but it lacks the bass volume and extension of the 8. With the 8, you won’t need a sub. I don’t like subs. A 6 with a switchable sub is a great setup for client pleasing and checking low end but for your usage, if you stick with the NS10s and Auratone, get the V8.

With V6S4 and Rokit 5G4, I don’t feel the need for a separate pair of NS10s, just a craving for more low end information and volume that only a bigger pair of complimentary monitors can provide. Only a three way speaker can give you both the midrange and bass in a single package but it’s an additional crossover and you’ll usually have to sit further back. Auratone 5C is still incredibly useful though.
Hey again Noctambulant im glad you like the gen 4, the rockits are also a huge step up from the past models.

For the pairing with the ns10s ive heard that the krk 10-3 is actually not a bad option for that club speaker reference/ client pleasing. I have also heard that the 10-3 can be more usefull than the v8 or the vxt for sertan applications due to the 3 way design. Any thoughts?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #7
Gear Nut
 

I realize its real easy to hate the krk 10-3, it does seem absurd. Everyone tells me on the internet that these are just bookshelf speakers and all this, but then i keep seeing these in successful lower budget pop edm and hip hop studios with yamahas where they dont seem to use mains or 3way focals or atc. Ive Even seen the 10-3 soffited more than once!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Addict
 

The older 10-3 was shockingly decent; the other rokits were awful. It just lacked volume for it's size. Another good option for a cheap, client pleasing bass checker is the Fluid FX8. 400 a pair new and goes to 35hz. It's just a bit slow and I wouldn't use it for anything other than bass but it's fine for that and getting loud for clients.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #9
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctambulant View Post
The older 10-3 was shockingly decent; the other rokits were awful. It just lacked volume for it's size. Another good option for a cheap, client pleasing bass checker is the Fluid FX8. 400 a pair new and goes to 35hz. It's just a bit slow and I wouldn't use it for anything other than bass but it's fine for that and getting loud for clients.
Thank you, Im not a fan of the fluid.

Do you think the g4 10-3 krk would be worth it over the g3?

Im really just getting something to hold me over before i get some focal sm9 or barefoot micromain, or atc scm25asl.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #10
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoots View Post
Thank you, Im not a fan of the fluid.

Do you think the g4 10-3 krk would be worth it over the g3?

Im really just getting something to hold me over before i get some focal sm9 or barefoot micromain, or atc scm25asl.
I don't know. I'd say probably if it gets louder. I've never heard the new g4 10-3. The only Rokits I've used that I liked as monitors were the K-Roks, 10-3 G3, and Rokit 5 G4. Everything else sounded like awful cheap speakers. I didn't like bigger two-way g4s at all; they were veiled with warm, boomy bass. It's not like KRK has a great track record over the past 20 years. Their misses are shockingly bad while their hits like the V6S4, just stand with the competition without blowing them away.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #11
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctambulant View Post
I don't know. I'd say probably if it gets louder. I've never heard the new g4 10-3. The only Rokits I've used that I liked as monitors were the K-Roks, 10-3 G3, and Rokit 5 G4. Everything else sounded like awful cheap speakers. I didn't like bigger two-way g4s at all; they were veiled with warm, boomy bass. It's not like KRK has a great track record over the past 20 years. Their misses are shockingly bad while their hits like the V6S4, just stand with the competition without blowing them away.
I wasnt a huge fan of my rokit 6 g3. They got me through a couple of years though! I think the 10-3 will be a more fun thing to have around over the vxt or v8 g4. None of these compare to the higher level monitors anyways might as well get the fun one. Might even encourage me to get those atc sooner.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #12
Gear Nut
 

Anyone have any experience comparing the krk rockit gen 4 to the vxt series?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump