The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What mic's are Fleetwood Mac using here?
Old 3 weeks ago
What mic's are Fleetwood Mac using here?

I see they used these, Beyer's, & 44'1 (amongst others) a lot live, but what are these ones?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GJ9vvUH_w
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

SM57
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Can't say as they have covers (pop filters) on them
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill5 View Post
Can't say as they have covers (pop filters) on them
Ah, Thanks Bill, I was thinking those pop filters were going to be specific to a certain mic and this be the giveaway.

I do know they used SM57 on vocals sometimes too, so may be they are 57's, but look a little short to me? The 441 was one of their fav's and sometimes used for recording vocals as well as for live.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

SM 57 as said
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A video of the Cars on Fridays having a 57 fest, sans pop filters. Sibilance is off the scale.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_2qkBsf6dA
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’m deep into Fleetwood Mac Tusk album (so much spinal tap excess in the making of that album at least a boatload of cocaine you can read up on it)

You could put any mic in front of that crew and it would sound divine. The vocals on that album are tops.

Especially Stevie and the background Vox.

Unreal.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Btw, us folksingers in the 60s used 58's ...then one day someone noticed a 57 was a bit more "in your face" and everyone switched to those.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post
I’m deep into Fleetwood Mac Tusk album (so much spinal tap excess in the making of that album at least a boatload of cocaine you can read up on it)

You could put any mic in front of that crew and it would sound divine. The vocals on that album are tops.

Unreal.
They used U47s to mic the cocaine
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
"With an ever-inflating budget, the band paid for a 112-piece marching band, food, champagne, and enough cocaine to cover the North Pole. Christine McVie later said of the band’s expenditures:

Recording Tusk was quite absurd, The studio contract rider for refreshments was like a telephone directory. Exotic food delivered to the studio, crates of champagne. And it had to be the best, with no thought of what it cost. Stupid. Really stupid. Somebody once said that with the money we spent on champagne on one night, they could have made an entire album. And it’s probably true."

Throughout the Rumours sessions, it was said that a large black velvet bag full of cocaine was kept under the mixing desk, which meant that it could be dipped into at any point during the recording process. And, boy, was it dipped into. So much so that one day, as a prank, one of the engineers substituted a dummy bag full of talcum powder. When someone wanted a hit, he very slowly tipped the bag onto the floor, causing mayhem in the studio. Tusk was apparently no different; not only was there cocaine, champagne and lobster, there was English beer on tap. The atmosphere was more than heightened; it was positively spotlit.

One of the studios they used had a projection of the day on the walls, from sunrise to sunset and stars at night in real time to help them get a handle on the outside world. When they used the Record Plant in San Francisco, they took full advantage of the complimentary limousines, SPEEDBOAT and conference room complete with water bed and tanks of nitrous oxide for those requiring a mood change.

Old 3 weeks ago
7+1
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockfresh View Post

Unreal.
Lots of RE20s on vocals on that album... and lots and lots of insane stories..... and insane amount of mind altering "enhancements" logged under "Tape costs" to the label.

Last edited by 7+1; 3 weeks ago at 02:07 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
HEE!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Kids. Don’t do cocaine, don’t snort so much cocaine your head almost explodes, or this might happen:

Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
I see they used these, Beyer's, & 44'1 (amongst others) a lot live, but what are these ones?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8GJ9vvUH_w
I watched it. Love the band, but I'm not sure the music is from that live show. Seemed more like a live performance synced (as well as possible) to the studio recording to me. Anyone else think that way?

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search