The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BAE "Bootsy Mod" Jensen DI or other DI
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

BAE "Bootsy Mod" Jensen DI or other DI

Picked up a BAE 1073 MPF which does not have the Jensen transformer bootsy mod for DI; I'll do doing a bunch of DI tracking with bass, electric guitar, and some synth as well.

I could send it in to be modified with the mod, or I could pick up an external DI like a Neve RNDI for around the same price.

Any benefit to the mod over an external DI? Any recommendations for an external DI to look into if I don't get the mod.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

bumping this before I send my BAE to be modded for the Jensen Bootsy Mod (and the Steve Stevens Blending Channels Mod).

Any other external DIs worth purchasing instead of doing this mod? Uses will be direct Bass, Direct Electric Guitar and Moog Bass Synth, possibly a Juno 60 or similar analog synth.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I don’t know anything about that specific mod, but I’m sure BAE has decent stock DI inputs.

The RNDI is the best all-around DI I’ve used. Tranfo gives it a very solid low end, and extended high end without clacky-ness.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search