The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best 8 channel ADAT line in option for my TR-909?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Best 8 channel ADAT line in option for my TR-909?

Hi guys!

At the moment I am looking for a dedicated 8/16 channel ADAT option for my TR 909. I dont have any room left for a mixer and a 1U rack option is very convenient for me to also track the channels of the 909 straight into my DAW.
I dont have a lot of budget atm, so it seems that there are 2 options for me right now: Behringer ADA8200 or no Behringer ADA8200.

The Behringer ADA8200 feels like a no brainer for the price, but I do want to keep the 909 sounds alive and kicking and even though I heard a lot of great stories about it, I dont know if a 100 dollar Behringer option will give me the quality I want. Everything else seems to me much more expensive than the Behringer.

One of the options I liked most above the Behringer is the Audient ASP 800, which has some vintage saturation options as well which feel like a no brainer when driving a 909 through it, though I dont know for sure if that is on Line level.
Also know the other options, like Focusrite Clarret, Presonus DigiMax DP88, etc but they all seem to be in the 500-600 euro pricerange, like the Audient.

What do you guys suggest?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search