The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Thermionic Swift, Kite, Pullet?
Old 17th September 2019
Thermionic Swift, Kite, Pullet?

After stellar reviews on all of these, not much buzz about these on here recently.

Anyone have any thoughts on why one would choose Swift over Pullet/Kite combo? I currently have a pair of Coil 286s that I could use for tube based make-up gain on the Pullet.

I'm comparing this right now to pullet and a pair of AML pultecs. I know the pultecs are fully passive and the Thermionic has active inductor bax treble, presence, and bass, not sure why one would go for one over the other.

Any thoughts on these various options? This is for mixbus eq (and tracking but I have more colorful stuff for tracking), looking for warm but clear hi-fi vintage tube sound.
Old 17th September 2019
Lives for gear

The Swift is an ultimately natural sounding EQ, while The Kite is meant to be a character piece, somewhere in between an EQ and an exciter. The Swift is so natural sounding that I can use it for very demanding classical (acoustic) music. Of course it has some subtle luxury sheen that makes it extra attractive to use. I don't think The Pullet covers all the things that the Swift has and that The Kite is missing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search