The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The (un)official Audioscape thread
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The (un)official Audioscape thread

I got a couple of their products and plan to buy more but I don't see much here about them so I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread and share our thoughts on these great products.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

His gear is great but unfortunately is sold out within minutes. I have a couple units and I want 2 more but it seems almost impossible to get them. Great guy / great gear...people want it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
His gear is great but unfortunately is sold out within minutes. I have a couple units and I want 2 more but it seems almost impossible to get them. Great guy / great gear...people want it.
Yeah I know... I had to be quick to buy my opto. But I rather that than the ponzying/waiting. Pricing is fair too
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Definitely. I have the opto. Love it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The only piece of his I have is the buss compressor, and I became completely reliant on it pretty much right after I racked it up.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoopysnorp View Post
The only piece of his I have is the buss compressor, and I became completely reliant on it pretty much right after I racked it up.
I don't have it but I seen a video. The way it widened that drum track I was in shock. Might need to pull the trigger on this.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I've got :

-V Comp
-D Comp
-GSSL Buss Comp

Love all of em. Will eventually have more A-S products.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
I've got :

-V Comp
-D Comp
-GSSL Buss Comp

Love all of em. Will eventually have more A-S products.
Have you tried the V-comp on the bass?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez View Post
Have you tried the V-comp on the bass?
That's where it's been living ever since I bought it. I suppose it must be good at something else too, but I haven't figured it out yet...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
That's where it's been living ever since I bought it. I suppose it must be good at something else too, but I haven't figured it out yet...
Hmmm that's what I figured. I guess i"ll have to add it to the list.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't have it but I seen a video. The way it widened that drum track I was in shock. Might need to pull the trigger on this.
The way it keeps the snare under control relative to the rest of the pieces of the kit really goes a long way toward making it sound like a record. I don't go crazy with it, but I'll almost always put a few dB of compression on the snare hits and other big peaks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Y'all are the BEST!!!! Thank you for all the kind words and for making this thread!

To those who don't know about us, you can learn about our products here:

http://www.audio-scape.com

Regarding being SOLD OUT all the time, YES, demand is THROUGH THE ROOF and has been for quite some time. We're constantly hiring on new assemblers in an effort to increase supply without, as our ethos and morals dictate, compromising quality or making ANY concessions to our gear. We hire local, qualified assemblers but as any small business owner knows, turnover can be a bit high when trying to fight the right person to "fit" the job!

Each assembler is assigned 2 products, and only 2 products. They get to learn then inside and out and overall, it makes the end finishing and QC process much better and easier. We like to keep positive vibes flowing down here in Daytona Beach, FL, where all of our products are designed, developed and built from end-to-end, on site on one of our two workshops. One main assembly workshop and a "finishing" workshop where final testing, QC and calibration takes place.

Slow and Steady wins the race! Tortoise and the Hare type deal, hahaha. We're in this for the long haul. We're all in. And we look forward to announcing and releasing the slew of new products we've been developing!!

Thanks again all, and please keep the conversation running! Any questions, feel free to ask!

P.S. - Follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook (@audioscapeaudio) for almost DAILY "INVENTORY UPDATES", keeping everyone on the same page as to what small batch of products will be released (releases happen at 8PM EST!) on any given day.

MUAH! ;-)
Old 4 weeks ago
And here we go...
I love my bus comp!!!
It lives on my mixbuss and every single record I mix had gone through it for almost 2 years now lol
These guys are amazing answer all my questions and emails as well as my online fanboy-ism. Tbh I'm hoping they kind of crush a 670 but that's just wishful thinking and if they do I'll definitely be ready
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I also have a bus comp, and looking at getting an opto soon!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
And here we go...
I love my bus comp!!!
It lives on my mixbuss and every single record I mix had gone through it for almost 2 years now lol
These guys are amazing answer all my questions and emails as well as my online fanboy-ism. Tbh I'm hoping they kind of crush a 670 but that's just wishful thinking and if they do I'll definitely be ready
a 670 would be great.... A tuff one to crack but with the quality build audioscape has it would be great..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
And here we go...
I love my bus comp!!!

....and we run into each other again! Hahaha, thanks as always for the kind words my man!

To all asking about a 670... well... all I will say is that: it's on the drawing board!

...a PROPER 670. Yes. Oh yes....

Many NEW products being released before this but we felt it would be great to do a 670 the AudioScape way.

Stay tuned!

BTW, OPTO COMP's are currently IN STOCK!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioScape View Post
To all asking about a 670... well... all I will say is that: it's on the drawing board!

...a PROPER 670. Yes. Oh yes....
O.M.G.
*getting my body and wallet ready*
Old 4 weeks ago
7+1
Lives for gear

Chris is a great guy and gets that great gear can be made at a fraction of what they should go for. Very pleased with everything his company puts out.

Wishing him best of luck for the future.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7+1 View Post
Chris is a great guy and gets that great gear can be made at a fraction of what they should go for. Very pleased with everything his company puts out.

Wishing him best of luck for the future.
Ahhh man! Truly an honor to have your support, Marc!

We're simply making gear the way it SHOULD be made; sonically and otherwise. It is truly grueling work to put all of the pieces of the "puzzle" together for each product and have them come in at the price-points we offer.

All WITHOUT concessions, compromise or corner-cutting. No smoke-screen, No B.S.

All of our products are truly labors of love in every sense of the word, but I think this is clear to all of our customers by now ;-)

SO, to keep this thread rolling and hopefully expose what we're doing down here in Florida to those who DON'T know about us.... let's disclose a bit of info on what we have coming down the pipeline!

We're currently working on a few 500-series products!!!

Mostly preamps, but the first will be a 1:1 recreation of the infamous UREI LA3A. We've always wanted to do one, but hated the 1/2 rack form factor yet didn't want to "box people in" by doing a stereo rack unit (due to the added expense, double the cost basically).

Once we figured out that we could fit the entirety of the circuit in the 500/series format, it was game on! This thing is amazing. "Always On" Cleamountan Mod, fully variable HF Emphasis control moved to the front panel, along with a Stereo Link knob (also fully variable). Had to figure out a few clever ways to make the T4B work, but we succeded!

There are other products pretty far along in development, but we'll save those for another time!

As for our 670; that should be VERY interesting; keeping the sonic integrity of the unit in-tact, not skimping on tubes or iron. This is key to the vibe and soul of the 670. Much of the magic is due to the high-voltage being utilized in key areas of the circuit and also allows for the extremely fast Attack times the Fairchild so elegantly imposes on the source and why it's very specific design, originally by Rein Narma, is still so revered to this day.

Our take on the 670 is more or less still in the drawing board stage, but we're excited. Talk about pedigree!!

To do this realistically, we're thinking it will be EXTREMELY limited to a certain number of fixed units built / sold every quarter or so. Time will tell.

Thanks all, our AudioScape Family is the BEST!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our take on the 670 is more or less still in the drawing board stage, but we're excited. Talk about pedigree!!
Do we have an ETA on this beast?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Do we have an ETA on this beast?
ATM, it's much too early to even THINK about an ETA

As mentioned in another forum, "it will take as long as it takes" as far as getting our take on this legend up to our standards. Which as many of you know, are VERY high.

HOWEVER, it will be worth the wait.

The 500/series LA3A (still not posting it's official name, but it's a good one, hahaha) is probably the closest to release. Again, waiting or prototype iron to arrive for testing, chassis, etc, etc..!

Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
ATM, it's much too early to even THINK about an ETA

As mentioned in another forum, "it will take as long as it takes" as far as getting our take on this legend up to our standards. Which as many of you know, are VERY high.

HOWEVER, it will be worth the wait.

The 500/series LA3A (still not posting it's official name, but it's a good one, hahaha) is probably the closest to release. Again, waiting or prototype iron to arrive for testing, chassis, etc, etc..!

I'll wait!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I'll wait!
you rock, man! And to that I say again, WORTH IT!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
you rock, man! And to that I say again, WORTH IT!
Tbh I really want the 0001 unit lol I know, very presumptuous but...I just want that very first unit and let the music be glorious
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Tbh I really want the 0001 unit lol I know, very presumptuous but...I just want that very first unit and let the music be glorious
Hahaha, not presumptuous at all! Very kind of you, actually.

At the end of the day; your last statement perfectly sums up what we strive for. Making great products that simply work, don't fall apart sonically and simply let the "music be glorious".

That's the dream of ANY engineer, including us!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Get your boxing gloves ready lol
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

You all are awesome. Hahaha. 'Nuff said!

Since we're here to serve, I wanted to let everyone know we just listed a BATCH of products up on the site at 8PM EST! IN STOCK, READY TO SHIP right now!

CHEERS to ALL!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

We got the opto over here a few months ago and it's been great. Haven't done a comparison side by side but to me it sounds just like the la2a's I use at other studios, the weight of the sound as well as the timing response.

Also Chris has been great wiring it 220v so we could plug it in straight away. Now we need more audioscape stuff.....I see a 76a in the future..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Mostly preamps, but the first will be a 1:1 recreation of the infamous UREI LA3A. We've always wanted to do one, but hated the 1/2 rack form factor yet didn't want to "box people in" by doing a stereo rack unit (due to the added expense, double the cost basically).

Once we figured out that we could fit the entirety of the circuit in the 500/series format, it was game on! This thing is amazing. "Always On" Cleamountan Mod, fully variable HF Emphasis control moved to the front panel, along with a Stereo Link knob (also fully variable). Had to figure out a few clever ways to make the T4B work, but we succeded!
This sounds amazing... but... if you can fit it in a 500 series can't you fit it in a 1U rack? Though to my mind a pair in 2U would be even better... with good ergonomics like the original. Everyone always has two of them anyway.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
This sounds amazing... but... if you can fit it in a 500 series can't you fit it in a 1U rack? Though to my mind a pair in 2U would be even better... with good ergonomics like the original. Everyone always has two of them anyway.
Thank you for the kind words, Doug (you too, prog, stoked you love your OPTO COMP as much as we are proud of it)!

1U rack certainly would have been possible, BUT visually, again, it just looks awkward and really didn't make too much sense. If we did that, may as well just do a stereo 1 or 2RU version (then we circle back around to added expense and not wanting to lock people in price-wise).

With that being said, the beauty of developing it to fit into the 500/series format allows us the luxury of fairly easily modifying the core circuit and sonics to fit into standard rack size(s).

All in all, 500/series was the best answer for us but that's not to say we won't perhaps make a 1RU or 2RU stereo rack unit in the future

**D-COMP and V-COMP still in stock!!** (crazy, right???)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search