The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The (un)official Audioscape thread
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioScape View Post
o say we won't perhaps make a 1RU or 2RU stereo rack unit in the future

**D-COMP and V-COMP still in stock!!** (crazy, right???)
You didn't have to rub it in lol
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prog View Post
We got the opto over here a few months ago and it's been great. Haven't done a comparison side by side but to me it sounds just like the la2a's I use at other studios, the weight of the sound as well as the timing response.

Also Chris has been great wiring it 220v so we could plug it in straight away. Now we need more audioscape stuff.....I see a 76a in the future..
Started with the opto aswell. Ordered a 76a a week ago and a buss comp yesterday. Building an audioscape rack one unit at a time
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

AS 670? I'm in! 0002 will do
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
AS 670? I'm in! 0002 will do
y'all are all so awesome, hahaha. LOVE IT.

ALSO, happy to see all the enthusiasm for the 670! Which was sort of the reason for letting that proverbial "cat out of the bag". Obviously, we want to make products that our customers want and will love as WELL as us. So finding those certain pieces that fill both of those prerequisites is IDEAL.

The 670 operation is no easy task. Not only is it quite the feat to pull of PROPERLY, but as many of you can imagine, requires a substantial amount of capital up-front to even develop! BUT, this is our true passion in life (and beyond). And it's ALWAYS worth it in the end!

All the kind words about the OPTO, BUSS and 76A are great guys! Soon enough, you all will own a D-COMP or V-COMP if you so wish!

Again, surprisingly, there is still ONE D-COMP left and a couple V-COMPs! Anyone who's been waiting for that chance to snag one; now is the PERFECT opportunity!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
y'all are all so awesome, hahaha. LOVE IT.

ALSO, happy to see all the enthusiasm for the 670! Which was sort of the reason for letting that proverbial "cat out of the bag". Obviously, we want to make products that our customers want and will love as WELL as us. So finding those certain pieces that fill both of those prerequisites is IDEAL.

The 670 operation is no easy task. Not only is it quite the feat to pull of PROPERLY, but as many of you can imagine, requires a substantial amount of capital up-front to even develop! BUT, this is our true passion in life (and beyond). And it's ALWAYS worth it in the end!

All the kind words about the OPTO, BUSS and 76A are great guys! Soon enough, you all will own a D-COMP or V-COMP if you so wish!

Again, surprisingly, there is still ONE D-COMP left and a couple V-COMPs! Anyone who's been waiting for that chance to snag one; now is the PERFECT opportunity!
I'll do one better! I'll come down and personally pick up that 0001 unit when the time comes! Ands I'll pay extra to get my name on it!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
All in all, 500/series was the best answer for us but that's not to say we won't perhaps make a 1RU or 2RU stereo rack unit in the future
I replied earlier but it seems that the forum ate it...

Anyway - thanks for replying. If it's feasible, please do make rack versions of future projects like the LA3A, the pres etc...

Speaking of upcoming projects... would an metal knob 33609 be a potential... maybe expanding the settings like with the /n?

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I got an opto and was blown away. Fantastic sound and it’s lived on my vocal chain permanently since then.

Based on the opto, I got a v-comp, which I adore as well. It is permanently on parallel duties.

When Audioscape’s take on a Fairchild comes out, I will be perched at my browser at 8PM EST every night to get the chance to buy it! It’s top of my list of what I want them to do next.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Love this thread!! ;-)
@ DougD - absolutely that's in the back of our heads, especially with the preamps we have in development!
@ proxy - THANK YOU man! So happy you're enjoying your OPTO and V-COMP(s). Those are two true monster compressors and simply do the job(s) they were intended to do so wonderfully and effortlessly; as you well know!!

Thanks all....

P.S. - A little birdie told me that we may be listing another small batch of EQP-A's tonight at 8PM EST

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I tried to get a piece a few weeks back and everything was gone in the time it took me to refresh my browser at 8pm. I didn't even get to see it go live.

Talking this gear up is making it impossible to get.

@ AudioScape - If you want to farm out some of your assembly, I'd be happy to build for gear.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aste View Post
I tried to get a piece a few weeks back and everything was gone in the time it took me to refresh my browser at 8pm. I didn't even get to see it go live.

Talking this gear up is making it impossible to get.

@ AudioScape - If you want to farm out some of your assembly, I'd be happy to build for gear.
I'm sorry man! Some night's sales are WAY CRAZY compared to others.

Last batch of products we put up for sale lasted a good day and a half or so FWIW...

Thanks so much, man! ;-)

BTW - EQP-A's for sure going up TONIGHT on our website - 8PM EST!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

OK, i know this is a bit of a stretch, but have you ever thought about making the GT Vipre? That is one of the holy grail preamps no one seems to even consider making.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
OK, i know this is a bit of a stretch, but have you ever thought about making the GT Vipre? That is one of the holy grail preamps no one seems to even consider making.
Definitely an AMAZING, criminally under-rated mic pre but I'd reckon that there are many active patents on that design in general. Those things are tanks and super-overbuilt (in the best way possible).

There's probably a good reason why no company or DIY'ers have attempted that particular pre. Just a guess

We've got PLENTY of amazing products cookin'..... enough to keep us busy for a long while (on TOP of regular production, ordering, day-to-day business operations, etc)...

No Sunday's off here at AudioScape!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Definitely an AMAZING, criminally under-rated mic pre but I'd reckon that there are many active patents on that design in general. Those things are tanks and super-overbuilt (in the best way possible).

There's probably a good reason why no company or DIY'ers have attempted that particular pre. Just a guess

We've got PLENTY of amazing products cookin'..... enough to keep us busy for a long while (on TOP of regular production, ordering, day-to-day business operations, etc)...

No Sunday's off here at AudioScape!
Thanks for chiming in with that reply. Im trying to scoop one of the D comps but man those things go fast lol.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

**D-COMP and V-COMP still in stock!!** (crazy, right???)
Well I finally was able to order the v-comp

Maybe by the end of the year I can be lucky enough to snag a D-comp.

Keep it up Chris..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
Well I finally was able to order the v-comp

Maybe by the end of the year I can be lucky enough to snag a D-comp.

Keep it up Chris..
YESS!! That's amazing news! ;-)

Yes.... D-COMPs do go fairly quick but the last batch we released lasted almost a day and a half!

Never can tell with these things....

Thanks as always for the enthusiasm guys.... means the world to us!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez View Post
Have you tried the V-comp on the bass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
That's where it's been living ever since I bought it. I suppose it must be good at something else too, but I haven't figured it out yet...
I figured/hope, I'd be the bomb on vocals. That was my main intentions anyway. Tight, forward and in your face. Will be running everything through it when it comes.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
I figured/hope, I'd be the bomb on vocals. That was my main intentions anyway. Tight, forward and in your face. Will be running everything through it when it comes.
Oh absolutely. The V is GOD on Vocals/Bass. You can do different, but you can't do better!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Oh absolutely. The V is GOD on Vocals/Bass. You can do different, but you can't do better!
Chris - what are your fav settings for most vocals? Granted, it's bonehead simple, but just curious is you are using single, double or triple.

PS - almost pulled the trigger on a pair of EQP's tonight, but I've been on a buying tear the last 6 months. I gotta slow way down. OK, ummm....maybe just a little bit. OK, forget it, what's your website address again?

Crap...where's my credit card....
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Crazy, after all the pi$$ing and moaning in that other small batch maker thread about not getting product after a year, I picked up an EQP-A without a wait or a moan.

thanks!

3U...oof! Guess my old Tascam cassette deck will be looking for a new spot.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
!

3U...oof! Guess my old Tascam cassette deck will be looking for a new spot.
I'm on my way to Home Depot as we speak to buy wood. Gotta build a new rack now
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm Goodiez View Post
I'm on my way to Home Depot as we speak to buy wood. Gotta build a new rack now
Wish I had the skillz. Make 4 dozen croissants this morning before 7am, not a problem; screw pieces of wood together, forgetaboutit, just more wood for the fire pit. You should see with a soldering iron...it's comedy!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
Chris - what are your fav settings for most vocals? Granted, it's bonehead simple, but just curious is you are using single, double or triple.

PS - almost pulled the trigger on a pair of EQP's tonight, but I've been on a buying tear the last 6 months. I gotta slow way down. OK, ummm....maybe just a little bit. OK, forget it, what's your website address again?

Crap...where's my credit card....
Mwhahaha

Entertaining as always..! :-)

For MOST vocals, my favorite settings are as follows:

MODE - Single or Double (Single for more transparency, Double for more color / saturation / smack). I've always looked at the MODE knob as an "attitude" control of sorts, which makes sense considering it's speeding up attack time

RECOVERY - Second from fastest or third from fastest, almost always. Sometimes, I'll use SINGLE MODE with FASTEST RECOVERY as well, as it can work well for more naturally aggressive / rock vocals!

@ swafford - as mentioned elsewhere, thanks again man! So stoked you snagged an EQP-A... no fuss, no muss! That's one of our motto's. Haha.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
MENTION=14734]swafford - as mentioned elsewhere, thanks again man! So stoked you snagged an EQP-A... no fuss, no muss! That's one of our motto's. Haha.
Already got tracking information - it'll be here Wednesday. I think my double bass player is coming over this week to do some preproduction for an upcoming session, so looking forward to following the Sta with it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Already got tracking information - it'll be here Wednesday. I think my double bass player is coming over this week to do some preproduction for an upcoming session, so looking forward to following the Sta with it.

DUDE... just as it did me, that combo is going to BLOW your mind ;-)

Thanks again my man! Please let everyone know what you think when it arrives!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Same here. It will be here Wednesday!! Chris must have Sent it the same day I ordered it.
AS OG out..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Same here. It will be here Wednesday!! Chris must have Sent it the same day I ordered it.
AS OG out..
We don't mess around. Each and EVERY order typically ships out the next business day! (unless you purchase something on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday in which case it'll ship the following Monday.

You shouldn't EVER have to contact us regarding when the product you paid for will ship. It just does. Hahaha.

@ e-are - Our AS OG's are the BESTTTTTT!!!! Special place in our hearts for you but of course, everyone in the AudioScape Family is loved equally ;-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Proud owner of one of the first five D Comps to be released and one of the prototype V Comps! I can not imagine life without the D Comp on parallel drum bus on mixdown... It’s totally shaped the sound of my records for the better! I also track bass and vocals through the V (and hit the vocals again with the 76A at mixdown)... makes everything so much easier. Also, Chris has provided better customer service than any other company I’ve ever interacted with, so there’s that. Looking forward to owning more AS gear in the future...
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Mangum View Post
Proud owner of one of the first five D Comps to be released and one of the prototype V Comps! I can not imagine life without the D Comp on parallel drum bus on mixdown... It’s totally shaped the sound of my records for the better! I also track bass and vocals through the V (and hit the vocals again with the 76A at mixdown)... makes everything so much easier. Also, Chris has provided better customer service than any other company I’ve ever interacted with, so there’s that. Looking forward to owning more AS gear in the future...
Thank you SO MUCH Jesse. You're the freakin' man and we appreciate you mucho!

Your kind words just made our morning here at AS HQ!

Happy to also hear your loving your AS GEAR as much as we do (and as much as we are proud of it)!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

So if I get lucky in your auctions.. can it be set to 220v before shipping?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
So if I get lucky in your auctions.. can it be set to 220v before shipping?
When you’re able to snag the unit(s) you’d like from whichever small batch we list up on the site, YES, absolutely

Currently, the only product of ours that cannot be pre-wired for EU voltages is the V-COMP; in which case we can recommend a simple step-up transformer. Working on a solution for that but it’s slow going. The power transformer used in the V is of a particular type and spec with some interesting voltage requirements. ;-)

Thanks man!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search