The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
It's about 3 things, performance, microphone and preamp.. Change my mind.
Old 23rd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
hope this helps...
Do I need help?
Ans: Nope
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Because over the years the priorities have become skewed. So music industry professionals are liable to spend the majority of their time worrying about the gear, and not enough time worrying about the quality of material and/or performance.
Some top creative artists have made solo albums on modest gear, engineering and producing it themselves. many absolutely lifeless, miserable records have been made in top class facilities with $1/2 million budgets.
The top priorities for me are material and performance. Everything else is icing on the cake.
Sorry but if they are professionals the gear is the least of their concerns since they have pro gear. They are focused on client and artist and how to get the best out of them with what's at hand.....Good lighting, good food and mood rugs might be important......also dedicated client iPads (to distract the pesky clients)....!

I agree with material and performance but only one of those things do you have any control over..... An engineer with people skills is usually a huge help and usually the best sessions have a great vibe as a result.....
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Do I need help?
Ans: Nope
I hasten to add that this was not aimed at you, just before someone accuses me of something else. Apparently I need to explain every post I make these days.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
Apparently I need to explain every post I make these days.
What's that supposed to mean? :-)
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

By the 7th page or so, we ALWAYS seem to land squarely in Monty Python Territory. I think by now, I'd be disappointed if we didn't.
Chris
Old 23rd September 2019
The answer is STILL 42, dammit!
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Level 42-the band?
Chris
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Naw... STILL 42, the Level 42 covers band
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
The answer is STILL 42, dammit!
http://www.sci-news.com/otherscience...-42-07576.html

Quote:
The original problem, set in 1954 by University of Cambridge researchers, looked for solutions of the Diophantine equation x3 + y3 + z3 = k, with k being all the numbers from one to 100.

Beyond the easily found small solutions, the problem soon became intractable as the more interesting answers could not possibly be calculated, so vast were the numbers required.

But slowly, over many years, each value of k was eventually solved for (or proved unsolvable), thanks to sophisticated techniques and modern computers — except the last two, the most difficult of all: 33 and 42.

Fast forward to 2019 and Professor Booker’s mathematical ingenuity plus weeks on a supercomputer finally found an answer for 33.

However, solving 42 was another level of complexity.
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Pales in comparison to 36 24 36.
Chris
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessparov2.0 View Post
Pales in comparison to 36 24 36.
Chris
kinda sucks if you're metric
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search