Easy to use hardware effects like Midiverb II
Old 13 hours ago
Lives for gear
Roland Dimension D
5 choices with buttons.
Old 12 hours ago
Gear Head
Awesome replies!

I have the Dim D on my UAD and have used it for years, but not in quite awhile.

I was almost convinced on the TC M350. Its layout, workflow, ease of use would be absolutely perfect for me. I then listened to a good few demos on Youtube and as James Lehmann mentioned, it was very plain and boring. I was pretty disappointed by this, but nothing stood out as being exciting at all, about it.

I was looking into something with more creative excitement. It was mentioned to look into the Deltalabs Effectron II and in looking up videos on that, THIS unit certainly excited me. The flanger, chorus, doubler and echos were perfect at adding movement and variation to the inputted signal and the infinite repeat (sampler) mode was really sweet too. I think if I am going to get any effects unit, it would have be something along these lines. There are no Effectron II on Ebay, or Reverb at the moment and in reading forum posts on it, it is only rated for -10, so apparently it is a real pain in the ass to get working on +4 systems, as it clips so quickly and easily?
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear
Not high end, but the old Electrix units like Mo-Fx are easy to use.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
I am wanting to add another effects unit to my rack, but am concerned about which to get, as I need another that is super simple to use, pretty much preset based and without many parameters to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
I was almost convinced on the TC M350. Its layout, workflow, ease of use would be absolutely perfect for me. I then listened to a good few demos on Youtube and as James Lehmann mentioned, it was very plain and boring. I was pretty disappointed by this, but nothing stood out as being exciting at all, about it.
So... "simple to use", "preset-based", "few parameters" and "exciting"?

You may struggle to fulfil all those criteria in one unit.

If you want really 'exciting' you need an Eventide Eclipse but that thing gave me conniptions in terms of the dizzying number of parameters and its menu-driven UI.

Is it a multi-FX you want? Or just reverb or just delay? This might help narrow it down.

Another unit I thoughts of was the old Roland DEP-5 - a bit noisy but a nice old-school Roland sound with knobs for all parameters.
Old 2 hours ago
Gear Head
Ya, I had a feeling I was causing more trouble then I need too!

Ideally, that is exactly what I would want, but I realize I am likely not going to find it, so with that said, I am going to have to make a compromise and get the middle ground, where cost, size and parameters are a nice balance.

I do have some very good models suggested and I can't thank everyone enough, for their time and help through all this. You have all been very patient.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search