The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Console tech in or near PNW?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Console tech in or near PNW?

Hi, I have a Sound Workshop Series 40 / 1600 mixing console that I'm currently upgrading to Switchcraft patchbay and larger PSU caps. It fires up but has an issue with the meter bridge, and also will need a general checkup, probably a few tweaks/fixes here and there and hopefully not a whole lot more that I can't handle myself (full recapping, expiriment with different IC's, clean pots, faders, switches, edge connectors, molex, etc.) Is there anyone in/around the Seattle area, or the PNW generally that is familiar with Sound Workshop consoles, or at least this family of consoles? IC based, mostly 351 and 5534, API xformers on outputs, transformerless valley people pres, parametric EQ. Has ARMS automation but I believe it's been bypassed. If not, that will either need to be done, or upgraded to something useable such as DISKMIX. Thanks fellas!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Two good ones for consoles and more in Seattle

Sam Winston at Square Wave Industries

Peter Toms at Condor Electronics
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
Two good ones for consoles and more in Seattle

Sam Winston at Square Wave Industries

Peter Toms at Condor Electronics
I'll check out Sam. Brian from PPA also recommended Zak Dewey @ zdpro. Left him a voicemail earlier.

I know Condor is crazy expensive. I guess I should've mentioned I'd prefer to find someone who's reasonably priced. That's not to say Condor is unreasonably priced....but it's not to say they're not either

Thanks dude!
Old 3 days ago
I've used Condor, back when they were in Fremont, w/good results.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

John McAllister who is in Vancouver, WA services our SSL 4048E and has been a great tech for any kind of audio gear.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search