The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AUDIO TECHNICA 5045 Al Schmitt
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

AUDIO TECHNICA 5045 Al Schmitt

Hi there!

I´m reading the Al Schimitt book, and he said that the AT 5045 is very similar sometimes ever better on drum overheads than the vintages AKG C12.

He use this mics in Capitol all the time

Anyone try them?

Right now I have Mikteks CV4 and Coles 4038 and wondering if having the AT 5045 will be an upgrade

Thanks for your help!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I had a pair and sold them less than a year later. Having access to Schoeps and KM84’s, I didn’t intend to keep them if they didn’t bring anything to the table compared to those. And they didn’t. On paper their specs are really impressive. But in practice they were somewhat bland. They had neither the incredible depth and realism of the Schoeps or the punch and luster of the 84’s. They were nothing to write home about on overheads, acoustic guitar or piano. Where I liked them the most was surprisingly on vocals, when a natural pickup was desired. But I couldn’t justify keeping a pair around for the occasional vocal. If you want some sdc’s that really knock your socks off get the Schoeps. And nothing comes close to the Coles on overheads, IMHO.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

THANKS!! You really help me!

As you say, manuals sometimes give an image of a perfect world

What Schoepps you recommend?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The ones I use are the CMC6 bodies with mk4 cardioid caps. The mk41 supercardioid caps are also quite amazing, especially for overheads.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search