The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
500 Series Summing mixer
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
500 Series Summing mixer

Does anyone know of or use 500 series summing? I was thinking of getting the Dangerous 2 bus, but I have 6 extra slots on my Lunchbox and wondering if I could get some good quality summing thru it into my Apollo.

Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

The ones I can think of are the Radial SubMix and, I would argue a lot more interesting, the Sonum Sum.

There used to be some other devices but they appear to be discontinued. Most 500 series racks provide only one input and one output per channel and this is not really attractive for summing mixer manufacturer.

Purple Audio has also one (the 5S1 - Moiyn) but it only works with their 500 series rack (the Sweet Ten).

By the way, I've never used one of these but I owned a Dangerous 2-Bus and it did not impress me at all. To be fair I tried a few more summing mixers and the only one that really impressed me for the sound and versatility and that I would say it's worth the money is the Thermionic Culture Fat Bustard II.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search