The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Best Behringer stuff at the moment 2019?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Best Behringer stuff at the moment 2019?

Hi,

What are the best Behringer stuff out there? Any stuff 2019!

Thank You for your replies!
Old 4 weeks ago
I think the Model D knockoff is great.
Old 4 weeks ago
yep
Gear Nut

Their hardware synths for sure
Old 4 weeks ago
why just focus on one manufacturer?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
why just focus on one manufacturer?
Hi!

I understand your point. But I am interested for the moment on Behringer. I hope You understand my point. Thanks.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Behringer ADA8200 Ultragain?

What about the Behringer ADA8200 Ultragain?
Old 4 weeks ago
yep
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
What about the Behringer ADA8200 Ultragain?
meh

it's an inexpensive way to add 8 channels of adequate-sounding prosumer input channels to a rig. It's not a sound that is going to make people cry or make the hairs on the back of their neck stand up, but it will deliver a fair representation of the musical performance.
Old 4 weeks ago
I’m personally committed to not purchasing any Behringer products for reasons that should be obvious if you read some other threads on this site.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

What about the guitar pedals. Any good ones?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Are you serious
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Yes, I am asking about Behringer. Not Boss.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
I’m not sure what you mean. Boss was a pioneer of guitar pedals. Although many of their designs have been greatly improved upon, many Boss pedals played a part in changing music culture.

Regarding behringer - Yes, I have read that their approximations of Boss, Ibanez, Line 6, EHX, Dunlop, etc are in the ballpark of sounding like good pedals.

Do some research about behringer and buy their products at your own risk (ethical and otherwise)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Norton View Post
Are you serious
It's a valid thread, participation is not mandatory.
Start a bash Behringer thread and have at it!

Anyway, I own unashamedly some pieces I can highly recommend:

» X-Touch Universal and extender control surfaces.

» MDX2100 comp/limiter

»CT100 cable tester

»Klark Teknik EQP-KTs

I will also be gleefully buying their LA-2A clone and the TD-8 or whatever it's called now.

Great products, one and all.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post

» MDX2100 comp/limiter

»CT100 cable tester

»Klark Teknik EQP-KTs

I will also be gleefully buying their LA-2A clone and the TD-8 or whatever it's called now.

Cool. This is a forum. Also, I actually did answer the question.

If everyone purchases the copy of everything, no one is paying for the r & d for the company that came up with the kit. Then those real small companies go out of businesses. Then we are left with large corporations that only know how to copy stuff.....

Whatever, do your own math
Old 4 weeks ago
Emi
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Norton View Post
Cool. This is a forum. Also, I actually did answer the question.

If everyone purchases the copy of everything, no one is paying for the r & d for the company that came up with the kit. Then those real small companies go out of businesses. Then we are left with large corporations that only know how to copy stuff.....

Whatever, do your own math
What about your BAE and Warm audio gear you list in your studio list? Aren't those copies of Neve, 1176 and LA-2A?

Just saying....
Old 4 weeks ago
yep
Gear Nut

Quote:
Most (maybe all?) behringer guitar pedals are copies of something else, usually in flimsier plastic housings and made with cheaper components.

Guitar pedals are not hard to copy, and pretty much every guitar pedal you can buy is, in some capacity, a copy of a copy of a copy of something that came before. Hell, Marshall amps started out as an attempt to copy Fender amps, but with cheaper components, and Fender amps were modified versions of the old RCA tube amp cookbook designs. The legendary Klon Centaur is basically a tubescreamer clone with germanium transistors.

I would not feel too bad about buying knockoff pedals. Every pedal you can buy is either a knockoff or else something that has been in production for 50 years and whose designers have probably long since left the company.

That said, with stuff like guitar pedals, especially anything to do with gain/saturation/overdrive/distortion etc, minute differences in components and construction can make all the difference between something that really delivers the spine-tingling sound that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, versus something that leaves you feeling bored, with a "diet soda" type sound.

Most of the legendary pedals are not legendary because the designers were some special geniuses. Most of them were a happy accident, one of a hundred people making similar pedals, except their specific recipe of components just got that certain magic squeal or halo just a little bit more magical than the pedal that used some other brand of capacitor or diode or whatever.

Behringer is good at copying the circuit, which is typically ~95% of the sound of a pedal. Whether the other 5% is the important part is an open question, but I don't typically see too many pros using Behringer pedals.

If Behringer makes a $30 copy of a $120 pedal, I would generally expect the Behringer version to be in the same sonic ballpark as the real one, but it may or may not have the magic "it" factor that made the original famous (sometimes the modern versions of the real ones don't have that, either).

If you're a hobbyist on a budget or even a pro trying out different sounds and ideas then I think Behringer pedals can be a great way to build an affordable collection of different sounds.

If you're a pro going on tour or into the studio, I expect that you will probably zero in on the right sound for your music as much as you can, even if it means paying a lot more for a little improvement in the hair-raising power of good sound.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by yep View Post
Most (maybe all?) behringer guitar pedals are copies of something else, usually in flimsier plastic housings and made with cheaper components.

Guitar pedals are not hard to copy, and pretty much every guitar pedal you can buy is, in some capacity, a copy of a copy of a copy of something that came before. Hell, Marshall amps started out as an attempt to copy Fender amps, but with cheaper components, and Fender amps were modified versions of the old RCA tube amp cookbook designs. The legendary Klon Centaur is basically a tubescreamer clone with germanium transistors.

I would not feel too bad about buying knockoff pedals. Every pedal you can buy is either a knockoff or else something that has been in production for 50 years and whose designers have probably long since left the company.

That said, with stuff like guitar pedals, especially anything to do with gain/saturation/overdrive/distortion etc, minute differences in components and construction can make all the difference between something that really delivers the spine-tingling sound that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, versus something that leaves you feeling bored, with a "diet soda" type sound.

Most of the legendary pedals are not legendary because the designers were some special geniuses. Most of them were a happy accident, one of a hundred people making similar pedals, except their specific recipe of components just got that certain magic squeal or halo just a little bit more magical than the pedal that used some other brand of capacitor or diode or whatever.

Behringer is good at copying the circuit, which is typically ~95% of the sound of a pedal. Whether the other 5% is the important part is an open question, but I don't typically see too many pros using Behringer pedals.

If Behringer makes a $30 copy of a $120 pedal, I would generally expect the Behringer version to be in the same sonic ballpark as the real one, but it may or may not have the magic "it" factor that made the original famous (sometimes the modern versions of the real ones don't have that, either).

If you're a hobbyist on a budget or even a pro trying out different sounds and ideas then I think Behringer pedals can be a great way to build an affordable collection of different sounds.

If you're a pro going on tour or into the studio, I expect that you will probably zero in on the right sound for your music as much as you can, even if it means paying a lot more for a little improvement in the hair-raising power of good sound.
You never mentioned the ethical problems.

Do some research.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
What about your BAE and Warm audio gear you list in your studio list? Aren't those copies of Neve, 1176 and LA-2A?

Just saying....
Vintage Neve, urei, and teletronix circuits fair game for anyone.

I’m sorry that I can’t spell it out for you here. I don’t want to get sued.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-tra View Post
I think the Model D knockoff is great.
+1 and I’ll add their VP330 clone the VC340 to that list. Rock solid, great keys, and spot on in tone. The Deepmind 12 is pretty sweet also.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:

» MDX2100 comp/limiter

»CT100 cable tester

»Klark Teknik EQP-KTs

Yeah well he has a valid point also. I hope you'd feel "gleefully happy" if someone was ripping off your music, Uli probably won't be suing you (like other GS members), since your such a happy gleeful fanboi....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
What are the best Behringer stuff out there? Any stuff 2019!
I'd never personally spend my own money on anything Behringer, so I don't know much about their gear besides how to work the stuff that's in clients' studios and venues. But I could see myself starting a thread here and asking this question if, say, I had a Store Credit that was only good for new Behringer gear.

There may be another legit reason, I guess.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

The x32 rack mixer is becoming a pretty common mainstay in a lot of band's racks, as it provides a really cost-effective method of letting you (amongst other things) manage your own IEM mix, without being at the mercy of different venue sound people every night.

Some of their little utility boxes are cheap, handy to have around, and get the job done well - like the Micro HD Hum Destroyer (2-channel isolator box) and the HA400 4-channel headphone amp/splitter. Both are like 20 quid on Amazon.

Out of interest - has anyone used the UMC1820 interface? It's crazy cheap, and if it's low-latency performance is good, it could be an excellent backup in a live rig. Would love to hear if anyone's been using it in a live performance environment?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Yeah well he has a valid point also. I hope you'd feel "gleefully happy" if someone was ripping off your music, Uli probably won't be suing you (like other GS members), since your such a happy gleeful fanboi....
There are double standards here though.
The guy already stated he had no problem with people ripping off entire circuits:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Norton
Vintage Neve, urei, and teletronix circuits fair game for anyone.
So we've established that copying unprotected circuits/machines is ok.
It's just not ok when it's Behringer doing it.

Think of how many 303/808 clones there are.
Roland never had a problem with any of that, and for 30 years were too complacent to create reissues, and never filed trademark paperwork in all that time.

Now someone comes along with the scale to do it cheaply, and more importantly from the angle of giving consumers what they want and suddenly they can't get the paperwork done quickly enough.

I don't want to conflate this with whatever the thing was about a forum member getting sued, I've only read references to it so don't know details, but that seems to me to be a separate discussion.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
There are double standards here though.
The guy already stated he had no problem with people ripping off entire circuits:

So we've established that copying unprotected circuits/machines is ok.
It's just not ok when it's Behringer doing it.

Think of how many 303/808 clones there are.
Roland never had a problem with any of that, and for 30 years were too complacent to create reissues, and never filed trademark paperwork in all that time.

Now someone comes along with the scale to do it cheaply, and more importantly from the angle of giving consumers what they want and suddenly they can't get the paperwork done quickly enough.

I don't want to conflate this with whatever the thing was about a forum member getting sued, I've only read references to it so don't know details, but that seems to me to be a separate discussion.
No the key word there is vintage...... Behringer has multiple lawsuits from manufacturers with current designs that they are ripping off. It also wasn't one GS member being sued they laid a lawsuit on everyone in the thread and Dave Smith. Nice folks huh? Do a little reading before you defend such a scummy company......
Here's a taste:
https://cdm.link/2018/06/behringer-h...or-defamation/
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Go to the JHS pedal YouTube page for his take on behringer pedals... it’s a must watch for the haters
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Behringer holds the crown for the most loved to be hated manufacturer in the sound business so I'm not surprised to see some responses that just denounce anything and everything they produce but I have a Deepmind and it is, in my opinion, fantastic. I also have a Model D. Again, fantastic. I've recently picked up the Klark kt2a which I quite like and have the Pultec clone but haven't actually fired that up yet as there isn't rack space for it at the mo. I'll probably buy the vocoder too at some point. The best in my estimation from what I've used is the Deepmind. Gets regular use here.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Than You very much. Behringer definitely has a place in my ring. What about there little mixer (4-8 channels)? Like Behringer Xenyx 1202FX?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Miniamp AMP800 headphone amplifier, a very flexible little unit with two channels, cost next to nothing. I have four of these dotted about in various rooms for musician's tracking headphones.

Cheers,
Jennifer
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Than You very much. Behringer definitely has a place in my ring. What about there little mixer (4-8 channels)? Like Behringer Xenyx 1202FX?
Wow! $108 at Sweetwater. Nice little mixer for that money. I bought some C2 mics that I quite like.

Never thought I would but they were cheap and sound good to me.

Steve

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search