The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
scarlett 6i6 headphone routing
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear
scarlett 6i6 headphone routing

I'm using a scarlett 6i6 with a ipad. the only reason I bought it was it had two headphone out's well headphone out 1 is the same as monitors out 1-2 headphone out two is linked to outs 3-4.

I don't have a computer to run the control software. I love ipad workflow. is there anyway for me to hook up the scarlett to a computer and permanently change the routing of headphone output 2 tomain outs 1-2. or will it revert to 3-4 once I hook up the ipad

I wanted this set up for
a. if me and another person wanted to play together.
b. so I can run my tracking phones that keep a click out of my recordings on one output and my akg 701's on the other out to cut vocals and mix.
c. because the thing that's failed on most interfaces I have had is the headphone out jack. so extra out would be great.

I get it's for having separate mixes but that's useless to me.
Old 21st June 2019
Gear Head

Yes you can permanently assign output routing when you are connected to a computer via the Control software.
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
Yes you can permanently assign output routing when you are connected to a computer via the Control software.

Thank you

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search