The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer UM2, when output knob on 0, audio still sounds on right channel
Old 20th June 2019
Here for the gear

Behringer UM2, when output knob on 0, audio still sounds on right channel

So this is a problem that at first I didn't cared, but now that I got some monitor headphones, I'm worried that particular issue will make the right channel sound louder, hence unbalanced.

So my questions are:

1.- Is it normal for an audio interface to still let audio pass through even if it supposedly shouldn't? As I said, only on the right channel/ear.

2.- Is that audio leak "added" to the final output that could make it sound louder?
Old 21st June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosmin View Post
So this is a problem that at first I didn't cared, but now that I got some monitor headphones, I'm worried that particular issue will make the right channel sound louder, hence unbalanced.

So my questions are:

1.- Is it normal for an audio interface to still let audio pass through even if it supposedly shouldn't? As I said, only on the right channel/ear.

2.- Is that audio leak "added" to the final output that could make it sound louder?
Of course I guess it was not intended to work that way..
That being said, with the premise that technically you should get a piece of gear that work as it should...

You get what you pay for..
Pure and simple.

I'd also add that these days you get a lot of "sound" for the money..
Even just 10 years ago these deals with this level of "quality", were sci-fi.

although if you stop to think a little bit, what do you expect for 30$ new price ?

quality and decent wages, employee/working conditions have and will always have a price.

I don't want to start a political discussion, but I try to avoid companies that cut on everything and have a "low prices" ethics.
Not only in the pro audio field.

Everybody bought some behringer or cheap stuff in their lives, but I'd say that we have to be all more responsible with our buying power.

You want to save sone $$? Can't afford to spend a lot of cash on this stuff?

Try to get some good stuff used.. it will probably last more years as well, plus might have more resale value.

Cheu

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search