The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Is there a small portable table that has two levels?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Is there a small portable table that has two levels?

I'm trying to set up a live rig. Playing. I have a small QSC TouchMix 16 and a MacBook Pro. I've got to get a small portable table Does anyone know of a table where I can place that small mixer, an interface (Metric Halo ULN-2) and the MacBookPro on top of that? I don't want to bring TWO small folding tables. I thought perhaps there's something out there I'm missing. It happens so often.

Ideally, I guess would be a two-level table.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

How about two heavy-duty music stands -- not the folding ones, the big, solid "school" ones.

Or you could make a couple of small plywood tabletops and attach those threaded Atlas mic stand mounts.

Last edited by Brent Hahn; 3 weeks ago at 02:45 AM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
How about two heavy-duty music stands -- not the folding ones, the big, solid "school" ones.

Or you could make a couple of small plywood tabletops and attach those threaded Atlas mic stand mounts.
Not a bad idea. I just ordered two of those plywood folding tables. I can’t think of a small portable two tiered table.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
I'm trying to set up a live rig. Playing. I have a small QSC TouchMix 16 and a MacBook Pro. I've got to get a small portable table Does anyone know of a table where I can place that small mixer, an interface (Metric Halo ULN-2) and the MacBookPro on top of that? I don't want to bring TWO small folding tables. I thought perhaps there's something out there I'm missing. It happens so often.

Ideally, I guess would be a two-level table.
I would have a look at all those desks and stands for DJs. There must be stands for 2 cd-decks or record-players. I have one from Magma for my Akai MPC live and a second level for a MacBook Pro.

Being used to König&Meyer quality I hated it when I had to assemble it:-). It is not that cheap (about 70,- or 80,-), but it is quite stable and very flexible. I think operating the pads of the MPC is quite a good test. You can choose how width and how high the first level is, so there would be place enough under the mixer for your interface.

Maybe this or something similar is a solution for you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkP View Post
I would have a look at all those desks and stands for DJs. There must be stands for 2 cd-decks or record-players. I have one from Magma for my Akai MPC live and a second level for a MacBook Pro.

Being used to König&Meyer quality I hated it when I had to assemble it:-). It is not that cheap (about 70,- or 80,-), but it is quite stable and very flexible. I think operating the pads of the MPC is quite a good test. You can choose how width and how high the first level is, so there would be place enough under the mixer for your interface.

Maybe this or something similar is a solution for you.
I think that's super cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
I think that's super cool.
Me too.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I have been using Quik Lok stuff. They have a heavy duty folding "table" and a good laptop stand. Found good deals on each at different times. The table doesn't have a top, but can be set to handle a short depth rack up to a fairly large mixing board. Happy with them both.

Henry, fwiw ha I use them to hold Metric Halo stuff also, though rack mounted, (laptop on top of rack, or on laptop stand) and MIDI control surfaces. If I really want to spread out I have a tray that screws onto a mic stand which works well with a cheap tripod base, that I trust to hold the MIDI control surface. It all breaks down pretty good, especially that table.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search