The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
www.thomannmusic.com, experiences? reviews?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

www.thomannmusic.com, experiences? reviews?

about to order an audient id14 and a sony mdr 7506 from a german site www.thomannmusic.com (supposedly kind of popular) for a little over $300 USD plus shipping and was wondering if anybody here bought hardware/gear from this site... what were your experiences? i'm a little hesitant because it's an international order, but theyre so damn cheap... I would really like to hear from you guys.

thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
I’ve bought several pieces of gear from them. No issues whatsoever. They are a good reputable retailer. They have a 30 day return policy.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I've ordered a bunch of times from Thomann, they always deliver as promised. The only things I am careful with ordering is the cheap «Millenium»-stuff, because of past experiences. I was compensated though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Any „brand“ stuff I ever ordered from them was top-notch.
OTOH, don‘t expect miracles from a 60.- € bass drum.
But that DHL delivery...a major PITA!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You don’t get to half a billion in turnover by being rubbish
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomann_(retailer)
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
You don’t get to half a billion in turnover by being rubbish
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomann_(retailer)
Don‘t underestimate the selling power of „cheap“! It‘s a business model that‘s worked wonders for another german co. for years...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Excellent service, excellent packaging, excellent care. As you might see, excellent prices too. I ordered small and big things from them. No distinction whatsoever. Fast delivery. Overall, I am very satisfied buyer. Looking back from my experience you can be at peace! I live in Croatia and if I'm not mistaken, last time I ordered some racks and cables it came in a week. Give or take a couple of days.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andychamp View Post
Don‘t underestimate the selling power of „cheap“! It‘s a business model that‘s worked wonders for another german co. for years...
Don’t confuse cheap and rubbish with cheap and economies of scale.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Every time I ordered from Thomann the delivery was quick and any communication was wonderful, though I did live in Sweden last time I ordered so no surprise delivery was quick. I would definitely recommend buying from them, haven't heard a bad thing about the company, but I guess some of the cheaper stuff they sell isnät top grade, but that's kind of obvious as it is the same with any store.

If I were you I wouldn't worry, buy it and hope that the customs won't make you pay more
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I've dealt with them.. Professional outfit kind of like the Sweetwater of Europe
Old 4 weeks ago
Deleted be25781
Best in the game.
Old 4 weeks ago
Emi
Gear Addict

More than 15 years ordering from thomann. They are great. Maybe I get the chance to go visit the physical store soon.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I live 15km away from them so I am very biased.

They are the best music store I have ever been to.
Any issue I ever had with gear was repaired free of charge. Their guitar techs in particular are top notch.

It is a family business (hard to believe I know) and the owner is positively crazy about music. And a decent drummer!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They’re arguably the biggest pro audio retailer in Europe. Maybe not the best in terms of customer experience but certainly a reputable shop. The Sweetwater of Germany, if you will.

Lots of other good shops in the UK too, such as Andertons, GAK, Gear4Music, etc. They might or might not be cheaper depending on the exchange rate.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I’ve never had an issue with them, always been very happy with the service.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm about to see what kind of customer service they provide. I ordered a studio desk that was shipped via UPS to Miami, FL. Was not happy about being told after ordering and sending payment that additional shipping expenses would be added, but whatever. As big as a company they are, hopefully their website can be improved to determine proper shipping without surprises.
Anyways...
Half of shipment was lost, then found and delivered in very rough shape, with 90% of contents suffering damage. The other half of shipment came earlier and after inspecting today, it too has damage.
I am interested to see how this is all handled. The customer service has been prompt so far. I will give that to them.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Anybody bought gear from Thomann? They have been the biggest music gear seller in Europe for the last decade.

Good prices. Been their customer for over 20 years. Have started to "support" some other places like Musicstore just for the sake of it
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

thanks for the replies, guys. i'm having trouble getting in touch with them through email... i tried sending an email to the international department with some questions, got an email back 24 hours later saying she forwarded my email to the export department... waited for 2 days with no reply. sent another email to the same international email address about 14 hours ago and sent another email to their front desk right now. the websites starting starting to feel a little sketchy but everyone here on the forums is giving the thumbs up so... hm...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search