The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TRS Mono to TRS Stereo Presonus HP60
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Nut

TRS Mono to TRS Stereo Presonus HP60

I want to send 6 mono mixes from a Motu 8A (Balanced TRS or unbalanced TS mono outputs) to the 6 “external inputs” on a presonus HP60 (unbalanced TRS stereo inputs). What cables should I use? If I use TRS to TRS and press the “mono” button on the HP60 will this work fine?
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Nut

Should I make a TS to TRS cable in which I send the sleeve of the TS to the sleeve of the TRS and the Hot of the TS to both the hot and cold of the TRS?
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSwaltz View Post
Should I make a TS to TRS cable in which I send the sleeve of the TS to the sleeve of the TRS and the Hot of the TS to both the hot and cold of the TRS?
No, use a TRS cable with the ring disconnected at the 8A end and a jumper between tip and ring at the HP60 end, tip = +, ring =+, sleeve = ground. The 8A doesn't like driving negative to ground, let it float.
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspace View Post
No, use a TRS cable with the ring disconnected at the 8A end and a jumper between tip and ring at the HP60 end, tip = +, ring =+, sleeve = ground. The 8A doesn't like driving negative to ground, let it float.
Sweet thank you so much! I’m gonna give this a shot!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Follow up: this works perfectly. Thank you again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search