The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Am I crazy or is this HRK 500 module cattywampus?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Am I crazy or is this HRK 500 module cattywampus?

The c544 module I bought direct from HRK doesn’t fit into my 500 rack without basically forcing it into position. The modlue screw holes align naturally about 1/2" left of the rack holes, and forcing it into position bends the rack edge connectors. When screwed down the face plate doesn't rest flush against rack face but sticks out on one side. I tried explaining it to Bart at HRK but he won’t budge and says the card is normal. I sent him a pic (same as attached pic here) thinking surely the problem was obvious (framing square for reference). He said it was normal because the PCB was flexible, but I don’t see flex just an angled mounting job. He also said I was the first person in 3 years to flag this as an issue.

Just wanted to show the pic to gearslutz world to get a sense of whether I’m nuts or not. Not trying to bash HRK here.
Attached Thumbnails
Am I crazy or is this HRK 500 module cattywampus?-angled-pcb.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search