The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Making Records with Eric Valentine
Old 5 days ago
Q & A Guest

New episode on the difference between the Waves J37 plugin vs the real thing!!

In this episode, I show examples of how I used my Studer J37 tape machine on Grace Potter's cover of "I'd Rather Go Blind" and compare it to the Waves plugin. There is also a nice example of recording and mixing a 1 mic drum recording!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzQZwzSHwBc
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

What you did with Saturn... WOW!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Hi Eric,

Could you do one video on bass guitar techniques- EQ, DI, amps, relationship with the kick etc?
Old 3 days ago
I've binge watched all of the episodes, awesome stuff!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

I love how unpretentious Eric is on these videos. Watching how appreciative he is regarding the talent he's worked with, it's no mystery why he has been so successful. His videos are genuine and what I think people appreciate just being able experience something real and special as he obviously has a great ear and is a creative talent. Great stuff Eric, your videos are inspirational and you are obviously exceptional at what you do. Keep them coming.

Scott
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Subscribed, thanks for sharing your extensive knowledge and skill so freely, and without cost.

Old 2 days ago
Gear Head

That Dwarves track totally reminds me of the early Beatles music.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Just watched the Drum Mixing one... that was great, recommended.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev33 View Post
Hey All!!

I started a new YouTube channel where I do deep dive deconstructions of songs I have worked and other various recording/mixing techniques. I like this outlet because I can actually show what is going on in the Pro Tools sessions and or use other graphics/pictures to really show the details of what happened. I also am having guests join me that were integral parts of the process. I'm only a month into it and it has been super fun. Check it out if you're interested!

All the best,

Eric Valentine

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChV...FZFDGN8XRzpIrQ
Wow amazing!!!! What mics do u like on toms?
Old 1 day ago
Mho
Lives for gear

Amazing Eric, thanks a lot for this. I would like to see some more drum mixing with some Fabfilter Q3 instead of the massenburg eq.
Old 1 day ago
Q & A Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
Wow amazing!!!! What mics do u like on toms?
My favorites have always been AKG C12As. They just sound very natural and BIG. Lately, I have not been using tom mics at all and just capturing them with the overheads.
Old 1 day ago
Dude!

Thanks you. This is a great thing you've done.
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Nice Eric!
I think I see a Greiner Sum.mation in your rack? Can you explain how it is implemented in your workflow?
Thanks!
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev33 View Post
It's another Production Deconstruction!! This time I sit down with the man himself, Blag Dahlia to talk about the recording of the infamous Dwarves song "FEFU". Please be aware that there is A LOT of explicit language and images in this episode. If you can sit through all of Blag and I's blabbering, there is some really good info on how to layer loops and samples with a live drum performance and some cool guitar tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVgQ4099-E&t=185s
So much utterly wonderful info in these videos! WOW! Beautifully explained as well. The chilled out informal format is also inspired. A few possible requests for future videos.

1) Drum tuning
2) Actual drum tracking in that room
Old 18 hours ago
Gear Maniac

Eric thanks so much for these. I’m eternally grateful. That J37 kicked ass. Could really hear the low mid bloom. I wonder if the plugin could have been thickened with dynamic eq and/or distortion to help it out?
Old 17 hours ago
Q & A Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimar View Post
Nice Eric!
I think I see a Greiner Sum.mation in your rack? Can you explain how it is implemented in your workflow?
Thanks!
The next episode is going to explain all of that
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Good stuff Eric, I dig your sounds. Really cool of you to do this, very genuine.
Old 3 hours ago
Q & A Guest

New Episode on ITB vs OTB

In this episode, I give details on the custom passive summing mixer I built for myself for my latest round of mixing and compare using it vs. staying in the box.
Old 3 hours ago
Lives for gear

Good deal Eric...Going to YouTube.
Thanks again for this

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search